Can't access NAS over internet

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
Rasputin1309
New here

Can't access NAS over internet

Post by Rasputin1309 »

Hi
I can access my NAS over my home network and used to be able to access it over the internet but seem to have lost access - a while ago I received emails from QNAP telling me I had to register my device, (I'd assumed I'd done it), but subsequent to that I lost access and can't re-establish it. When I try contacting "helpdesk" I just keep on getting internal server error. I'm an absolute beginner on this stuff but any help would be appreciated
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Can't access NAS over internet

Post by dolbyman »

Also ..be very aware and afraid of what you are trying to do..many people have lost all their files by exposing their NAS open to WAN. (3 malware campaigns this year so far)

QNAP units are not secure enough to expose them to WAN. No password or 2FA will help you here.
Rasputin1309
New here

Post by Rasputin1309 »

Hi
Model TS-453A

Screenshots when trying to use my phone to access it outside of my network. The second screenshot is after I have signed in with my qnap ID
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rasputin1309
New here

Post by Rasputin1309 »

RandomMen wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:14 pm You sure you logged in with our ID on the NAS?
Hi
Please see above - first post relates to my ID - I can log in using my id but then when I try to access anything it states by ID is nolonger recognised. Can I simply create a new ID and link my nas to that new ID or will that cause problems? Not sure why things need to be this difficult. The fact that QNAP seem impossible to get hold of leaving this forum as the only source of help is not great either.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”