lets Encrypt certificate, Please try again later

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
dejvv
New here

lets Encrypt certificate, Please try again later

Post by dejvv »

I have a qnap TS-469 pro Firmware : 4.3.4.1652 Build 20210413

I had been using myqnapcloud for quite a few years however this time when I tried renewing the certificate it gave me an error.

I removed lets encrypt, clicked download and install however am getting please try again later (if I press retry I get waiting for response from myqnapcloud dns server)

I have opened port 80, 8080 and even put the qnap on DMZ

I have unlinked the qnap cloud and reconfigured it however am still getting same issue

I have disabled ipv6 from settings

rebooted both qnap and modem.

I tried it again the day after and now I am getting:
Failed to install certificate on your qnap device because lets encrypt server could not be reached.

Any ideas?
thebruge
Starting out

Re: lets Encrypt certificate, Please try again later

Post by thebruge »

I can't help, but you're not alone, same QNAP model and SW version as you, also getting this same error when trying to renew.
ll4m4
First post

Post by ll4m4 »

Same model & firmware, using personal domain name though, not myqnapcloud.

The error is get is "Authentification fails. Please check the DNS server or if the port 80 is working."

I haven't changed anything in months, webserver is accessible.
sventamyra
Starting out

Post by sventamyra »

Same issue here
Anyone solved it?
Firmware : 4.3.4.1652 TS-869 Pro
dejvv
New here

Post by dejvv »

Nope havent fixed it yet. Anyone tried restoring NAS to factory and trying it again?
oyvindo
Experience counts

Post by oyvindo »

Make sure your router is forwarding all incoming traffic on port 80, to port 80 on your NAS and that port 443 on your router is forwarded to port 8081 on your NAS. Note: QNAP NAS is by default set to use port 8081 for HTTPS traffic. If you have changed this, your router must be set accordingly.
Lastly, you must have the Web server service running (activated) on your NAS for the Let’s Encrypt Challenge to work. Otherwise the challenge will be rejected because QTS only answers on port 8080.
When everything is setup correctly, you should test the connection by browsing to your WAN-IP using only HTTP. You should then get:
Now you should be able to generate the Let's Encrypt certificate, but if you loop into repeating fails trying to generate Let’s Encrypt certificates from your QNAP NAS, it may be that you have fallen into the limit trap. Read this document to understand the limitation rules: https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/
ImageImageImage
ssbarnea
New here

Post by ssbarnea »

Something is clearly not working when it comes to activating LE certificate

I have my NAS configured to use ports 8080/443 as seen in picture below and the router to forward 80->80 and 443->443 as instructed.

https://sbarnea.com/ss/Screen-Shot-2022 ... -06.36.png

Doing a curl on port 80, i do get the 403 Forbidden page and on port 443 I do get a page using the old qnapcloud certificate.

Still, when I try to renew LE and set the correct DNS entry for my certificate it still fails.

https://sbarnea.com/ss/Screen-Shot-2022 ... -33.18.png
oyvindo
Experience counts

Post by oyvindo »

ssbarnea wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:26 pm Still, when I try to renew LE and set the correct DNS entry for my certificate it still fails.
Also be aware that some ISP's block incoming traffic on port 80/443
ImageImageImage

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”