FRIEND DEVICE - not able to add a new or login to older

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
geolux
New here

FRIEND DEVICE - not able to add a new or login to older

Post by geolux »

Hi group
I have two probelms:
1) recently I'm not able ato acces to my friend device (in the past I could log in regularly). indeed now the device name is grey and the text is rewritable, because "not found". Nothing was modify into the setting of my Friend Device. See the image attached
2) I'm not able to add other friend device, just because I cant find anymore the search field where write the name of the device to search
Thank's for all help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: FRIEND DEVICE - not able to add a new or login to older

Post by dolbyman »

Maybe talk to your friend ?

Device could be offline
Device could be hacked (never expose your NAS to WAN!)

Also make sure to always switch your UI to English, when asking questions in an English forum!
geolux
New here

Post by geolux »

Hi dolbyman, thank you for your answer, and sorry for the image in Itlian.
The device is online and, I forgot to tell that using the QFile APP everything is ok and the NAS is correctly reachable.
The problem is only on MyQnapcloud on the browser (I have tried differents).
Unfortunately I must to use my NAS when I'm in the office of my friend and he have to use his NAS when he is in my office. Our offices are 700 km distant
And wath do you tell about the impossibility to ADD other friends NAS? Have you the possibility to try? I don't even found where in MyQNAPCloud I have to write the NAME of friend device
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Just use a site2site VPN ..easily done via two consumer grade routers ...million guides online on how to do it...better than having all your files encrypted ..no?

https://www.qnap.com/en/security-news/2 ... e-together

Qnap also announced they would disable the default enabled upnp due to this..might be the issue
geolux
New here

Post by geolux »

Yes VPN could be a solution, but I don't need to use the file in remote, but only download or register a big file.
Until some day ago the MyQnap was a better solution
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Not sure what "download and register" means, If you mean use it as a private public cloud .. that's exactly the kind of use that gets people into trouble (use file hosters like dropbox,onedrive,etc for that!) ... so no tears when all the files have been encrypted .. your were thoroughly warned.
geolux
New here

Post by geolux »

Yes of course I know the risk, and thank you to remember but the post was focused to the problem that I meeting to add a friend device and ask if there are someone that have the same problem
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

did you see my mention of upnp ? .. see this as a hint of what might have happened
dosborne
Experience counts

Post by dosborne »

geolux wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:55 pm indeed now the device name is grey and the text is rewritable, because "not found".
geolux wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:56 pm The device is online and, I forgot to tell that using the QFile APP everything is ok and the NAS is correctly reachable.
I'm confused. Does the system show up as available or not?

If your "friend" has their system open to the internet, maybe they finally got smart and disabled it? You need to talk to them to figure out if they secured their system or made any changes. We can only guess.
QNAP TS-563-16G 5x10TB Seagate Ironwolf HDD Raid-5 NIC: 2x1GB 1x10GbE
QNAP TS-231P-US 2x18TB Seagate Exos HDD Raid-1
[Deadbolt and General Ransomware Detection, Prevention, Recovery & MORE]
geolux
New here

Post by geolux »

I try to explain.
My NAS is open to internet only via MyQNAPCloud for me and form my friend "Marco". In fact I done two user that can enter in my NAS, and this can be made only via MyQNAPCloud or QFile APP, that is an APP that manages MyQnapCloud via iPhone. Until some days ago Marco accessed regularly in my NAS via QFile and via Browser in MyQnapCloud site. Now he can access only with the APP because on MyQnapCloud site my device is disable. Instead I can access to my NAS with both ways.
The NAS of my friend is configured in the same mode with only two user: Marco and me. He can access in your NAS with both way (MyQnapCloud and QFile) but I only with the APP QFile.
Why there is this difference, considering that both way use the same configuration and the same QNAP service?
The NAS of my friend has not been changed, because I'm the only one to configure it.

Other question. Are you able to see on MyQNAPCloud page the "search device" as in the attached image?
For me is not visible and I can't search again the NAS of my friend, or he search my device again
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”