Change myQNAPcloud ID email address

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
Drifty
First post

Change myQNAPcloud ID email address

Post by Drifty »

Can you change your ID email address? If so what is the procedure.

I have changed ISP so my registered email address is no longer valid

Thanks in advance
QNAP_AndyF
Starting out

Re: Change myQNAPcloud ID email address

Post by QNAP_AndyF »

Hi,
You cannot change your QID from one email to other currently. We are planning on that feature tho~
If you would like to use the new email address, you can sign up a new account on myQNAPcloud website and send a request to helpdesk to delete the old one.

Cheers,
Andy
jhand00
Starting out

Post by jhand00 »

What is the status of QNAP adding support for changing the myQNAPcloud ID email address? I have recently changed my email and would like an easier way to change the information stored with QNAP. My main concerns with creating a new ID are whether I can successfully reregister my device under the new ID using the same DDNS hostname and whether the SSL certificate I purchased will be affected in any way.
florinangelescu
New here

Post by florinangelescu »

No other updates?
I don't like the way QNAP is treating easy to handle topics... Unless you did a very stupid thing when designing the cloud ID, it should be easy to add the requested feature.
lorenzo.lucioni
Starting out

Post by lorenzo.lucioni »

QNAP_AndyF wrote: If you would like to use the new email address, you can sign up a new account on myQNAPcloud website and send a request to helpdesk to delete the old one.
Cheers,
Andy
Hi,
how can I contact the Helpdesk for this purpose (to ask to delete on my old qnapcloud account)?

Thank you,
Lorenzo
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

lorenzo.lucioni wrote:how can I contact the Helpdesk for this purpose (to ask to delete on my old qnapcloud account)?
https://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lorenzo.lucioni
Starting out

Post by lorenzo.lucioni »

OneCD wrote:
lorenzo.lucioni wrote:how can I contact the Helpdesk for this purpose (to ask to delete on my old qnapcloud account)?
https://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
there is no any selectable topic related to this issue (managing myqnapcloud users).
look at the picture.
Untitled.gif
thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

In that case: be creative. :DD

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
scottdavidcarter
Getting the hang of things

Post by scottdavidcarter »

I'm in the same boat (changed ISP and therefore went to gmail) and I see this thread is 3 years old now....

Any news on updates?? Having to kill my old account just to change my email address seems antiquated. :S
Two each QNAP TS-251 with 8GB (Firmware 5.0.1.2277)
- Media/File Server, QVRPro with 7x ReoLink-410 5mp wired security cams, PC & Mac backups
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

you should ask qnap via ticket (see above)
swest
Starting out

Post by swest »

> you should ask qnap via ticket (see above)

Ha!

It is now March of 2020, and I 'asked', via a support ticket, that my SSL Certificate (which I had purchased a mere 2 months earlier - the 'get 2 months free' promotional period isn't even passed) be transferred to my new QNAP ID.

Why did I have a 'new' QNAP ID? Because the company I worked for offered an early retirement, which I took, and so now the e-mail I used is no longer going to be accessible to me. I deleted and re-created my QNAP ID (with a new, and hopefully permanent, e-mail address), and then found that there was no way to self-transfer the SSL Certificate to the new ID.

I opened a ticket for this request and was told that, "Unfortunately, we cannot transfer the license from old QNAP ID to new QNAP ID. Please see image below for clarification. Thanks for your understanding."

And, then, "You should read the policies before purchasing a license from QNAP."

Needless to say, I don't remember reading anything saying that losing access to an external e-mail through no fault of my own would render my SSL cert unusable. The only thing that I found, in their "QNAP Device Certificate Subscriber Agreement" was paragraph 7:

"Transfers and Assignments
You may not transfer or assign your license rights to any other person in any manner (by assignment, operation of law or otherwise) unless you have obtained written consent from QNAP. If you attempt to transfer or assign any of your license rights without QNAP’s consent, the transfer or assignment will be ineffective, null, and void (and you will be in material breach of this agreement)."

This is pretty annoying. I just, unwittingly, wasted $45.

- s.west
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

If that is the way it is .. then that is the way it is .. nothing we can do about it here
scottdavidcarter
Getting the hang of things

Post by scottdavidcarter »

I just got a new second ts251 for my second home in a different location. So I guess now I’ll need to use my new gmail address for registering this one.
Two each QNAP TS-251 with 8GB (Firmware 5.0.1.2277)
- Media/File Server, QVRPro with 7x ReoLink-410 5mp wired security cams, PC & Mac backups

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”