Bought an SSL certificate but it won't download?

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
wkearney99
Know my way around

Bought an SSL certificate but it won't download?

Post by wkearney99 »

I've opened a ticket with support.

Has anyone else purchased a myQNAPcloud SSL certificate for their NAS? And have you been able to use the web interface on the NAS to handle downloading it?

I've rebooted the NAS, twice, using the web UI (in the event there was something needing a reboot, including a recent firmware update).

I've used the MyQNAPcloud app, SSL Certificate screen to attempt the download. The dialog box comes up with the name of the cert I'd purchased (so it's seeing the web). When I click Confirm, the Loading dialog comes up for about a minute and then errors out, showing a red Failed to download certificate message on the download dialog.

I've tried it both from Chrome and Internet Explorer browsers, same failed result.

Are there some other steps I've missed?

I do not see any messages related to this on the Event Notifications menu. The system log does show that it could not download but it does not say why.

It's odd, it's able to find the cert, so clearly some amount of internet activity is successfully taking place.

Curiously, when I use the Overview page of the myQNAPcloud app, there's a Web Connectivity [Test] button and it's showing a red (x) icon. If I select [Test] the icon spins a while and still comes back to the (x) failed icon. No idea why, nor where the causes might be logged. I've rebooted my router and that did not change the situation.

I can make a remote connection to the NAS. I've got an Android tablet and it can make a successful connections via cell data. Both to the QNAP apps, and also (separately) to the OpenVPN setup on the NAS.

So why can't the myQNAPcloud app get the certificate?
--Bill

TVS-671 G3250 (for now)
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Re: Bought an SSL certificate but it won't download?

Post by Toxic17 »

Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
wkearney99
Know my way around

Post by wkearney99 »

Did you not read the FIRST LINE OF MY POST?

No response yet from support. Still no change, cert can't be downloaded. Worse yet, the latest firmware change makes it impossible read the error message. Which, by viewing the page source, is failed download.
--Bill

TVS-671 G3250 (for now)
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Hello Bill,

Got a response from QNAP already? Try to temporarily revert the NAS MTU to 1500 and to download the certificate again. This should help.

Regards,
-Kurt.
wkearney99
Know my way around

Post by wkearney99 »

Nope, no effective reply from Qnap. Got one reply, in GERMAN, telling me to follow the web page instructions. Which aren't current for 4.2 on a 671. The ticket remains open and unaddressed.

I'll see what it's using for MTU and see if 1500 has any effect.
--Bill

TVS-671 G3250 (for now)
wkearney99
Know my way around

Post by wkearney99 »

It was set to 4074. I just changed it to 1500.

I did not re-check the download before doing this. I suppose I should have, lest they 'fixed' something at Qnap.

The cert has now downloaded. So, yeah for that.
--Bill

TVS-671 G3250 (for now)
jimnycricket65
New here

Post by jimnycricket65 »

I am having this very issue. MTU is now called jumbo frame or something like that and it is set at 1500. I have 4 qnap and on 3 of them, I can release and download all the licenses interchangeably...only one is giving me this hard time.
jimnycricket65
New here

Post by jimnycricket65 »

...it just started working one day.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”