Cannot log into NAS with Qsync

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
rwanwork
Starting out

Cannot log into NAS with Qsync

Post by rwanwork »

Hi all,

I'm not using myQNAPcloud, but I am having problems with Qsync (to an NAS with a fixed IP address). So, I hope this is the appropriate place to ask this question. (Kindly let me know if I should ask this in another forum.)

About a couple of weeks ago, I had Qsync set up on a Windows 10 machine and everything worked right out of the box. I didn't use the computer for a while and when I finally did log in, it failed to synchronise. I got an error message about the "Qnap device database has crashed". It asked me to restart the NAS, which I did. But that didn't work.

When I attempt to log in at the "Welcome to Qsync" screen, I hit "Apply" and I get a red "Login failure" message at the bottom. I believe I am being authenticated because if I change my username to some non-existent account, I get a message that says "Incorrect username or password". So, this makes me think that both the username and password are correct, but there is some other reason for login failure.

The same username and password allows me to log into the system on port 8080 as well as FileStation. Meanwhile, I can ssh into the NAS. I read somewhere that removing the /homes/<some user>/.Qsync/ directory is worth trying in order to "reset" things. I gave that a try and no success. However, after the "Login failure" message, the .Qsync directory gets recreated. This is also why I think that I'm being authenticated.

I've turned on the system logs to log various protocols. (I'm not sure which one(s) I should select for Qsync, though.) Anyway, no entry is added to the system logs.

So, I'm a bit lost. The only thing that has happened since when I got Qsync working and when it failed is that I did two upgrades of the firmware. It's now on the latest version.

Here are further details about my system:
  • Model name: TS-419P II
  • Firmware version and Build Number: 4.2.2 Build 20160901
  • Operation System (OS): Windows 10 (but it also didn't work on a Mac)
  • OS Language: English
  • Number of HDDs: 4
  • HDD model: Western Digital
  • HDD capacity: 3 TB each
  • RAID configuration: RAID-5
  • Services enabled: File Station, Qsync, Rsync Server, Apple Networking, Download Station, ftp, syslog, microsoft networking, multimedia management, photo station
  • External devices: None
  • NAS connection speed/ MTU (found in Network Settings>TCP/IP page)
In addition, the Qsync version is the "latest" -- I just tried again by downloading the latest version from a couple of days ago.

If someone could give me some useful advice, I'd really appreciate it!

Ray

PS: I think it is unrelated, but when I ssh in and do a "df", I get this error message "df: /share/external/Etron xHCI Host Controller: Protocol error". But Qsync was failing before I got this error message, so I'm treating this as two separate problems. I'm trying to read up on this latest problem now.
ahernandez
First post

Re: Cannot log into NAS with Qsync

Post by ahernandez »

i have the same issue
pedrorferreira
First post

Post by pedrorferreira »

Hi!

I''m having the same issue.

Any ideas?
zivojin
First post

Post by zivojin »

Same problem at our site. This issue is pomping up with Windows 10 workstations. With Windows 8/8.1 everything seems ok. Any ideas ?

I paused Kaspersky Endpoint Protection 10 for 15 min just to see if it has something to do with it - and the problem was gone ( the QSync Logon worked ).
rwanwork
Starting out

Post by rwanwork »

Hi all,

As it seems (so far) that I haven't made some silly mistake, I decided to report it as a bug to QNAP. They have already gotten back to me and have been asking for more information (i.e., log files). If we reach some kind of resolution, I will post it here -- thank you for replying; it does help to know it isn't happening to just me!

Ray

PS: Forgot to add to zivojin's message. I don't run Kaspersky, but I do run Symantec. But, (1) previously, Qsync worked fine without me doing anything to Symantec and (2) after reading your message, I tried again with Symantec's protection disabled. At least for me, that didn't help -- I still cannot log in.
panto
Know my way around

Post by panto »

My Qsync (OS X) failed after a recent firmware update. I have contacted QNAP and they informed me that the Qsync database needs to be reset. This wouldn't be the first time I have had issues with Qsync - last time I managed to get it going again on my own. Only thing is they don't want to seem to tell me how to reset the database which, according to them, only contains "file link and files change log, reset qsync database will not delete any data". Rather they want to remote connect to the box to do it. My issue with that is that the box is behind a firewall, not externally facing, and I'd rather not have to open it up to the internet in order to perform what would seem like a trivial task.
TS-439 Pro running Debian Stretch, TVS-882 running QTS.
rwanwork
Starting out

Post by rwanwork »

Hi panto,

Yes, indeed, that is what they want me to do. In my case, I can suspend the firewall temporarily for them to take a look. Right now, I'm just trying to organise a time with them to do it.

As for it being a simple case of resetting the Qsync database, I actually don't agree. There are users of the NAS who have never used Qsync before and they cannot connect the first time. I suppose it could be some central Qsync database, but if that's the case, I think if they provide you or me the steps, I think we can do it -- like following a cookbook!

Anyway, see what turns up. I'll post here if I know anything more. Thank you for your reply!

Ray
panto
Know my way around

Post by panto »

Ray,
and as if by magic mine has just started working again. Previously it wouldn't connect - stuck forever on "connecting" - but now it's happily running through a sync process. Hardly something you could have confidence in.
For me it's more a case of having files of limited importance under the Qsync folder with more important ones on network folders.
TS-439 Pro running Debian Stretch, TVS-882 running QTS.
macko79
New here

Post by macko79 »

Hi,

I have the same problem since the end of August. I have noticed that before "Qsync database needs to be reset" notice - Qsync had a problem with syncing files. It was permanently trying to sync several files but without success. That's why I decided to go with the firmware upgrades (both of them). Since then I cannot log into NAS with Qsync. I have reinstalled Qsync client, switched off the application via QTS Desktop and run the connection again. Qsync client finds the NAS without any problems but after that, it stops saying database needs to be reset. I have rebooted NAS several times, temporarily switched off antivirus - nothing helped.

I run the latest firmware 4.2.2 on my QNAP TS-431 and the latest Qsync client on Windows 10.

One more thing. When I enter myQNAPcloud from QTS Desktop and go to "Router Automatic Configuration" (I'm not sure about the translation - I run this software in my native language) I have information that "there is no UPnP router" in the network. This is strange as my router hs this option and it is enabled. I have no problem with connecting to the NAS via the internet. The same story goes for the IP Camera which works in a distant location and saves video files on FTP.

I'm looking forward to any news how to solve the problem with Qsync.

cheers
Maciek
navarre77
Starting out

Post by navarre77 »

Hi, same problem here, but looks related more to a client side than server side.

Have two stations:
Win10, latest QSync -> logs with no problem and sync
Win7, latest QSync -> Login failed problem

Both stations are on the same LAN, one works correctly, second fails simultaneously. So at the same time one of them is logged and second one refuses the login.

I would guess it is Qsync client installation problem or a firewall or other communication problem.

Will try to uninstall and install, on the second cannot disable the firewall since corporate.

Bad station logs

qsync client log 1
2016-09-13 22:59:19 [QsyncFile] CQWebManConnection::Open() WFMLogin WFMGetNASUserUID(strHostName=192.168.88.205)(wPort=8080)(bUseSSL=0)(lpUserName=xxx)(tszUserUID=)(m_strUID=)(APVer=3.0.1)(NASVer=)
2016-09-13 22:59:19 [QsyncFile] CQWebManConnection::Open() WFMLogin(strHostName=192.168.88.205)(wPort=8080)(bUseSSL=0)(m_strComputerName=AB123456)(m_strUserUID=250e90df2b421e42e1ed787550f4e47333e97c3d)(m_strAgentName=QNAP Qsync for Windows 3.1.0)
2016-09-13 22:59:21 [QsyncFile] CQWebManConnection::Open() (WFMLogin = (3)(1326))

qsync client log 2
2016-09-13 22:59:19 [QsyncWFM] WFMGetNASUserUID(192.168.88.205:8080): SendHttpRequest failed(3)
2016-09-13 22:59:19 [QsyncWFM] WFMGetNASUserUID(192.168.88.205:8080): failed dwStatus(3) GetLastError(0)
2016-09-13 22:59:21 [QsyncWFM] WFMLogin: SendHttpRequest failed(3)
2016-09-13 22:59:21 [QsyncWFM] WFMLogin(192.168.88.205:8080): failed dwStatus(3) GetLastError(12007)

qsync client log 3
2016-09-13 22:59:17 [Qsync] QsyncUtils::CreateWFMLoginUID (create uid successfully)(250e90df2b421e42e1ed787550f4e47333e97c3d)
2016-09-13 22:59:17 [Qsync] CQsyncConnection()::CreateConnectionInfo(QFILE_CONNECTION_SCHEME_WEB_FILE_MAN)
2016-09-13 22:59:17 [Qsync] CQsyncConnection()::CreateConnectionInfo(Destination root path = http://192.168.88.205:8080)
2016-09-13 22:59:21 [Qsync] CQsyncConnection::TryConnect (Login)(failure)
2016-09-13 22:59:21 [Qsync] CQsyncConnection::Close(NAS=192.168.88.205)(user=)
2016-09-13 22:59:21 [Qsync] CQsyncConnection::Stop(NAS=)(user=)
2016-09-13 22:59:21 [Qsync] CQsyncConnection()::Stop(Close connnection m_DestPathInfo.hConnection)
2016-09-13 22:59:21 [Qsync] CQsyncConnection()::Stop(CloseTunnel)
2016-09-13 22:59:21 [Qsync] CQsyncConnection()::CloseTunnel
2016-09-13 22:59:21 [Qsync] CQsyncConnection::Close(NAS=192.168.88.205)(user=)
2016-09-13 22:59:21 [Qsync] CQsyncConnection::Stop(NAS=)(user=)
2016-09-13 22:59:21 [Qsync] CQsyncConnection()::Stop(Close connnection m_DestPathInfo.hConnection)
2016-09-13 22:59:21 [Qsync] CQsyncConnection()::Stop(CloseTunnel)
2016-09-13 22:59:21 [Qsync] CQsyncConnection()::CloseTunnel
pbkr1964
Starting out

Post by pbkr1964 »

Ts 212p same issue here since 01-09-2016.
pbkr1964
Starting out

Post by pbkr1964 »

Heb hier een ticket voor aangemaakt en is al opgelost door een medewerker die via teamview de pc over heeft genomen en de databases heeft opgeschoond. Alles werkt weer

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T810 met Tapatalk
keeztha
New here

Post by keeztha »

Hi all,

in my case, i tried to degrade QSync client (ver 3.1.0.0187 -> 3.0.0.0413), then it seems to work well as of now.

my post: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=126046
rwanwork
Starting out

Post by rwanwork »

Hi all,

The technician I've been communicating will follow-up with me at a later date. So, it is unresolved for now [at least for me].

However, I think we are all facing slightly different problems which have slightly different symptoms. Returning to my first post, the problem I was having was the red error message, "Login failure". However, when I ssh into the NAS, I can confirm that during login, the .Qsync directory has been created. Thus, it did login and it seems the error message doesn't match the actual error.

As for downgrading the client (@keeztha), I haven't tried that yet. But, between when it last worked and when it failed, the only change I made was upgrading the NAS' firmware in late August. So, I think it is the firmware's "fault", but it might just be some incompatibility between the client and the firmware? I'm hesitant to ask users of our NAS (i.e., I'm not the only user) to purposely use an older version of the client. Of course, I'm still open to the possibility that I've just misconfigured something, somehow.

So...still no updates on my end...

Ray
pbkr1964
Starting out

Post by pbkr1964 »

After nas shutdown and restarted last night (powerschedule)
The issue returned for one user.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T810 met Tapatalk

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”