SSL Certificate for a single license Query

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
Marrach
Getting the hang of things

SSL Certificate for a single license Query

Post by Marrach »

We for a long time have wanted to change the name of our device and we understand from support.myqnapcloud.com that we can do this - as instructed here... https://support.myqnapcloud.com/faq/_fa ... as?lang=en

Our question arises from what is contained within the second part of the answer: However, in order to protect the system to issue certificates, the certificate for a single license can only be re-used up to 5 times per day.

Excuse our ignorance but does this mean our SSL Certificate will only show as valid for use up to 5 times a day? Or what does it mean please??
Thanks in anticipation!
QNAP TS-253Be - Always running the most up to date Firmware!
2 x 2TB Western Digital 'Reds' WDC WD20EFR - (RAID Group 1) Single 2TB Storage Pool

Accessed using...
Window 10 x Four Machines.
Android Phones
Android Tablet
& iOS Phone
NotIfICan
New here

Re: SSL Certificate for a single license Query

Post by NotIfICan »

Can someone please answer the original poster's question.

I too want to know the answer to what this
the certificate for a single license can only be re-used up to 5 times per day.
actually means?
Marrach
Getting the hang of things

Post by Marrach »

Sadly we never found the answer to this question even after much waiting.

We changed our server name regardless and have never had a problem - hope this helps NotIfICan!! ;-)
QNAP TS-253Be - Always running the most up to date Firmware!
2 x 2TB Western Digital 'Reds' WDC WD20EFR - (RAID Group 1) Single 2TB Storage Pool

Accessed using...
Window 10 x Four Machines.
Android Phones
Android Tablet
& iOS Phone
NotIfICan
New here

Post by NotIfICan »

Thanks for the quick reply Marrach.

okay ...... but I still want to know.

As Arnie said, "I'll be back"
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

NotIfICan wrote:okay ...... but I still want to know.
Hm, isn't this clear in the complete context?
After you change your device name, your certificate on your NAS will be automatically updated in the background (this process takes a few seconds.) However, in order to protect the system to issue certificates, the certificate for a single license can only be re-used up to 5 times per day.
The registration authority issuing the certificates does not allow more than five NAS renames per day, thus the maximum for new certificates to be revoked and re-issue is five by per day.
NotIfICan
New here

Post by NotIfICan »

schumaku wrote:
NotIfICan wrote:okay ...... but I still want to know.
Hm, isn't this clear in the complete context?
After you change your device name, your certificate on your NAS will be automatically updated in the background (this process takes a few seconds.) However, in order to protect the system to issue certificates, the certificate for a single license can only be re-used up to 5 times per day.
The registration authority issuing the certificates does not allow more than five NAS renames per day, thus the maximum for new certificates to be revoked and re-issue is five by per day.
Thank you schumaku for your succinct explanation, it is now perfectly logical to me what they wanted to express.

Their incompetence in using English correctly can be confusing at times, ie; "the system to issue certificates" is just plain wrong. How difficult would it have been to say "the system issuing certificates" or even better "the system that issues the certificates".

I realize such quibbling over semantics may seem petty stuff, but to me whom is about to attempt something without complete understanding, is akin to 'just doing and hoping'.

Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to explain something that shows you are more competent than those whom wrote the original instruction.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”