Qnap Cloud remote access kills home internet and wifi

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
pengful
First post

Qnap Cloud remote access kills home internet and wifi

Post by pengful »

Hi all, I am new and need help. Have tried searching for solutions to the issue but unable so posting this and hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.

Hardware: TS-453A/ 4Gb/ 3 x 3TB WD Red
Firmware: 4.2.4
Config: Raid 5
Router: Singtel (ISP) AC1900 router, Arcadyan AC Elite
Wifi mesh: Airties 4920

I tried twice accessing the NAS via myqnapcloud from my office and both times, it screwed up my home internet and wifi connections. When I tested the connection on Qnapcloud and CLoudlink on the home desktop, they checked out ok.
- 2 weeks ago: accessed QTS desktop and played Plex to watch a movie (just testing)
- 2 days ago: accessed QTS desktop to check on hdd monitor/ dashboard

Result: Internet light on my router alternating between green and red. No internet or wifi connection.
Temp solution: Reboot the NAS. I found this out by trial and error and seems to work fine. However, this defeats the purpose of having a NAS if I cannot access it remotely.

Is there something wrong with my settings or something I missed? Thanks for the help.

Derek
schumaku
Guru

Re: Qnap Cloud remote access kills home internet and wifi

Post by schumaku »

Hi Derek,

Is the connection established based on CloudLink connection, or on a direct port forwarding connection?

In neither case, the active connection can (or should) knock down your Internet connection. However, CloudLink can cause an extreme amount of UDP traffic, probably knocking down some crappy routers.

Welcome to the QNAP NAS Community Forum!

-Kurt

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”