OpenVPN Error in myQNAPcloud auto router configuration

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
james1
New here

OpenVPN Error in myQNAPcloud auto router configuration

Post by james1 »

Hello,

I've been using OpenVPN for a couple of weeks now but I was unable to connect at work today. I noticed there is an error in the auto router configuration section of myQNAPcloud service. Everything else works. The OpenVPN udp port is forwarded on the router. I've restarted the router and restarted the myQNAPcloud service a few times, disabled and re-enabled OpenVPN service but it still shows as error in the auto router configuration section. I am able to connect to the VPN when on my local network but when I try to connect outside of it, the VPN doesn't work. I'm not sure where to start to figure out this error.

Thanks,

James
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: OpenVPN Error in myQNAPcloud auto router configuration

Post by dolbyman »

why not just manually forward the ports ?

maybe the (undisclosed) router got an upgrade an has openVPN running on that port ?
james1
New here

Post by james1 »

The OpenVPN port is forwarded on the router. It's a Linksys E2500, it does not have an instance of OpenVPN running on it.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

well, if the port is already manually forwarded, the auto config (uPnP) forwarding will not work, because it is in use already

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”