Shared Link for Upload

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
ericy
New here

Shared Link for Upload

Post by ericy »

Hello,

I am having trouble sharing links for upload purposes. I used the File Station to generate a link via SmartShare and send an email to the recipient. I checked the "Allow file upload to folder" option and specified a password. The resulting URL looks like this:

https://www.myqnapcloud.com/smartshare/<some_code_here>

When I click on the link and enter the password, I can see the folder that I shared but there is no upload icon. When I sign in to my myQNAPcloud account and follow the same process, the upload icon does appear. However, the recipient of the email is not able to see the upload icon, even after signing in to her myQNAPcloud account.

When I look at the folder properties in File Station, everyone (Owner / Group / Others) has all permissions (Read / Write / Execute) enabled.

Is there something I missed about this functionality? Maybe some setting somewhere?

Thanks in advance!
ericy
New here

Re: Shared Link for Upload

Post by ericy »

After six weeks of troubleshooting with QNAP Technical Support, we reached a resolution for this issue. When the NAS is configured with Private access control for the myQNAPcloud service, SmartShare shared links setup for upload cannot actually be used for uploading. They can still be accessed for downloading, however. The solution is then to set the access control of the NAS to Public in order to enable uploading via the shared links that are setup for upload.

I find this a bit obscure, why would you need to make your NAS available for public search to be able to use your upload links? I was told that this was done by design. Also, not sure why it took six weeks to get this resolution, but at least I thought I would share this piece of information with everyone.
Didch
First post

Post by Didch »

Hello,

I'm pretty sure this is not the real reason, as I used to do that a few weeks ago, made no change but today, I'm here, searching through this forum to find a reason why this doesn't work anymore :(
And I never changed the NAS privacy.
Actually, I installed 2 recent updates my NAS was telling me and this is the only modification that occured on my server within the last 2 or 3 weeks.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Didch wrote:I'm pretty sure this is not the real reason, as I used to do that a few weeks ago, made no change but today, I'm here, searching through this forum to find a reason why this doesn't work anymore
Have used the SmartShare link variant, or probably a direct one, like https://xxxxxxxxxx.myqnapcloud.com:8080 ... id=0abcDEF - where the myQNAPcloud privacy setting might not matter?
pah96
Starting out

Post by pah96 »

Hello,

regarding to the first post I'd like to say a "SmartShare" - because I'm having the same trouble. :shock:

I do not want to use an other option sharing files like this because I do no want to implement unnecessary (global) port forwardings and rules on my firewall. Qnap is describing it like this:

https://support.myqnapcloud.com/feature ... nk##c4sub2

Don't know if this has been working alreday. With version 4.2.6 it does not. But "sharing" for the most peolple is "bidirectional".

Anyway the support also didn't understand what I want but meanwhile the technicians have been informed.

If I have get any news in future to this I'll post it here.

Best regards,
pah96
TS-451+ with 4x4TB (RAID5) QTS 5.0.1
TS-410 with 4x3TB (RAID5) QTS 4.2.6
TS-412 with 4x2TB (Singles) QTS 4.2.6
Rajly
New here

Post by Rajly »

Hi!

I have the same exact problem, does anyone know if this is going to be fixed in the next release of QTS software?
Is there a ticket created for this issue?

/Im running a TS-431+
pah96
Starting out

Post by pah96 »

As recommended from the support I created one last week in the category "Mobile App". Didn't get any response yet and still hope getting one soon!
TS-451+ with 4x4TB (RAID5) QTS 5.0.1
TS-410 with 4x3TB (RAID5) QTS 4.2.6
TS-412 with 4x2TB (Singles) QTS 4.2.6
Ansgar1
New here

Post by Ansgar1 »

Hi, i got the same problem after spending the weekend with some friends and the wish to have a folder on my NAS to share each others photos. No one but me was able to upload his Pictures. I wrote a ticket to the german helpdesk (indian helpdesk with translation software) :lol: . I'll try to make my NAS searchable on the internet for some time and i hope for a usefuller Solution!
Ansgar1
New here

Post by Ansgar1 »

"The solution is then to set the access control of the NAS to Public in order to enable uploading via the shared links that are setup for upload. "

This worked for me

Qnap TS-431+
afshop
New here

Post by afshop »

There is another option. Share the link using your WAN IP.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”