utilrequest.cgi error when trying to download

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
aroulis
Starting out

utilrequest.cgi error when trying to download

Post by aroulis »

Hello,

The last period I started facing problems when using the download function for files from myqnapcloud.com platform. More specifically whenever I try to download a file I have a failure and an utilrequest.cgi error. Every time I check inside the NAS interface and the usage of CPU or RAM is normal and rather low. The same time if I try to open the same files through the myqnapcloud.com platform (e.g. images) they open normally. Also downloading through FTP works normally. I tried several restarts and 2 updates. Currently I have 4.3.3. and my qnap is TS 231. Any ideas?
aroulis
Starting out

Re: utilrequest.cgi error when trying to download

Post by aroulis »

Moreover, when I create a share link and copy this link the file is being downloaded normally instead of the typical download function!
Joe@Lifesize
New here

Post by Joe@Lifesize »

I also have at TS-231 running 4.2.4 firmware with the same problem.
When I log into the device with myQNAPcloud, as admin, and try and download anything I get the "utilRequest.cgi, Failed - Netowrk error".
I am wondering if it is a TS-231 problem or a myQNAPcloud problem.
aroulis
Starting out

Post by aroulis »

I have more qnap devices connected to my cloud account and I face this problem only with 231. Any ideas from anyone please????
Joe@Lifesize
New here

Post by Joe@Lifesize »

Hey aroulis,
I just used Firefox instead of Google Chrome and I did not have the problem! I was able to download a single file and a zipped folder with Firefox.
Not a fix, but a work around :D
aroulis
Starting out

Post by aroulis »

You are right. However it does not work either with Chrome or with IE so it still is a problem :(

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”