Very slow Cloudlink connection over internet

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
ahabib
New here

Re: Very slow Cloudlink connection over internet

Post by ahabib »

schumaku wrote:
ahabib wrote:The original poster's question of direct access has not been suitably addressed.
Permitting your ISP does assign a public routable IPv4 address to your router WAN/Internet port ... permitting your router does allow UPnP port forwarding controlled by the myQNAPcloud Automatic Router Configuration (the port mapping might not be 1:1) or you are going to manage the port forwarding manually, permitting you have enabled the myQNAPcloud My DDNS is configured, ... all information required is readily available in the myQNAPcloud App on the NAS: Just click through the three main pages Overview (with the SmartURL), My DDNS (with the "You can connect to your NAS by ..."), and Automatic Router Configuration.

Alternate, for a Web access, you could start from the http://www.myqnapcloud.com portal page, listing all your QNAP NAS devices ...

Essentially ... kind of a RT*M answer.

With all this configured, and connecting the mobile Apps on the local (W)LAN for the first time, all possible connection options are automatically configured, too.
Thanks for your reply. I was finally able to access all my files on the NAS, but not before resetting the router's settings. I am using a BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6).

I had to go through the following steps to reset the port forwarding:
1. Uncheck the UPnP switches on the router,
2. Reboot the router,
3. Enable the UPnP switches again,
4. Run myQNAPcloud app and in the Overview section clicked on the "Diagnose" button. The button is located on the top right corner of the section above CloudLink. This fixed the problem.
myQNAPcloud Overview Screen.tiff
I am now able to connect to the NAS by entering [name].myqnapcloud.com:8080 and it's running perfectly.

Unfortunately it wasn't a simple answer of reading the manual...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”