Block Remote Access To NAS

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
stephenjones007
Know my way around

Block Remote Access To NAS

Post by stephenjones007 »

Hello, if I type in my public ip and the port to my nas, I can get the log in page of my nas. How do I block this so it can only be accessed on the lan. For my usage, I dont need to access it outside of my network. qnapcloud and cloud link were turned off but I can still access it from my phone's internet (not on wifi).
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Block Remote Access To NAS

Post by dolbyman »

don't forward any ports from the router to your nas ... also make sure you disable upnp on the router so devices cannot request their own port forwards
stephenjones007
Know my way around

hi thanks. I already did disable upnp on my linksys router and no ports are fowarded but i can still access it from the public ip on my phone.. I will reboot everything and see what happens
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

If you can access it from the internet then there are ports forwarded.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
stephenjones007
Know my way around

Thanks guys. I had to reboot the router and nas. Everything is good now. I never had any ports fowarded in the router but upnp was enabled which I disabled. I guess enabling the qnapcloud features in the nas will re enable the access? Not that I need to but just curious.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

well you either want access or not..but a vpn would make it more secure

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”