VyprVPN and MyQNAPCloud

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
aspomwell
Know my way around

VyprVPN and MyQNAPCloud

Post by aspomwell »

Been thinking about using a VPN but was wondering if it would break the connection to myqnapcloud. Has anyone used both of these simultaneously? Any problems?
TVS-673 16GB 6x6TB WD Red WD60EFRX-68L0BN1 in RAID6
Morphy
Starting out

Re: VyprVPN and MyQNAPCloud

Post by Morphy »

Hi there.

Im using Torguard, just another vpn provider, but the setup is the same.

The problem I have is:

When my OpenVPN client is connected, all my traffic is going through the VPN..OK

BUT when myqnapcloud.com is started up, the ddns sees my WAN IP address from my ISP . When I look at my plex server and download client.. I see my VPN IP address.

Its working, but when you use yourdomainname.myqnapcloud.com it will look at your WAN IP from ISP and NOT from VPN PROVIDER. I have made a ticket to Qnap, but no solutions so far. I have asked them if I need to disable myqnapcloud and then reenable myqnapcloud service when its seing the IP address from VPN provider, but no response yet.

Dont know how and what to fix. Its working though.. I have https enabled , so make sure you open for port 443 if you do that as well .. on your router.
CircuitWizardry
New here

Re: VyprVPN and MyQNAPCloud

Post by CircuitWizardry »

Did this ever get resolved for either of you? I was considering using the VPN on my router to be able to log into my network remotely, and was wondering if MyQNAPCloud would then work over the VPN, or would be handled over the standard WAN connection. I really don't trust QNAP when it comes to hardened security, and was considering something like mapping a drive to the NAS from local machines, and then using the VPN when I need access when remote. Suggestions from those more knowledgeable about the security tradeoffs are welcomed. Thanks!

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”