Internal Connection Refused

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
Diablo1399
Getting the hang of things

Internal Connection Refused

Post by Diablo1399 »

Hi everyone,

I recently cleared all browsing data in Chrome, and since I did that I am no longer able to access my QNAP Wed Admin page at [name].myqnapcloud.com internally from my LAN. Chrome says connection refused. I need to type in the local IP to get access. This is surprising to me because it was working correctly before. I can access [name].myqnapcloud.com externally from my smartphone.

Any ideas?
Diablo1399

Re: Internal Connection Refused

Post by Diablo1399 »

Okay this is weird.

[name].myqnapcloud.com:8080 is now working, even though I haven't made any changes. Trying to connect with HTTPS on port 443 times out (not refused).
Diablo1399

Post by Diablo1399 »

Ah, so it turns out the reason I could use [name].myqnapcloud.com:8080 is that I had my VPN enabled, which effectively gave me external access. Still can't use HTTPS on port 443 though, connection times out.
Diablo1399

Post by Diablo1399 »

Okay, so it turns out that I'm in the same place as I was in my other thread: viewtopic.php?f=313&t=135961

When my VPN is enabled, ie external connection, I can access Web Admin at port 8080 and Secure Web Server at port 8081. I cannot access Secure Web Admin at port 443 or Web Server at port 80.

The Web Connectivity test in the myQNAPcloud app confirms this.

So it looks like ports 80 and 443 are being blocked. I'll check my router and then my ISP to see if this is the case.
Diablo1399

Post by Diablo1399 »

AH HA! It turns out that my main problem was that my ISP was blocking incoming traffic on ports 80 and 443. I logged into the ISP dashboard and disabled port blocking. Doing this fixed my Web Connectivity errors.

Now, I still wasn't able to install at Let's Encrypt certificate from the myQNAPcloud app, so instead I used https://www.sslforfree.com/ (Manual Verification method)

With my certificate generated, I went to Control Panel -> Security -> Certificate and Private Key. I uploaded certificate.crt and private.key and now everything seems to be working great :D

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”