qlink.to.xxx not working

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
Storyline
Getting the hang of things

qlink.to.xxx not working

Post by Storyline »

Hello all :) I am struggling to understand the remote access options.

I have a TS453A and have registered it with Qnap. I can therefore access it anywhere via the web but not using the same address as Qnap says. The Qnapcloud wizard says I should be able to use xxxxx.myqnapcloud.com but that brings up my router admin page. I can get in if I use xxxxx.myqnapcloud.com.8080/cgi-bin. The wizard also says I should be able to use https://qlink.to.xxxxx but this brings a screen that says "No Devices Found".

The question is - should I run the Qnapcloud wizard again ? (the reason I am a bit concerned is that I get a warning saying I will no longer get notifications to paired mobile devices and something about SSL certificates which is not relevant to me.

As you can probably tell I way out of my depth with networking so would really appreciate some advice - thanks :)
Slowly getting the hang of my TS-453A :)
dolbyman
Guru

Re: qlink.to.xxx not working

Post by dolbyman »

dsiable your router wan management .. then you should be forwarded to your nas instead
Storyline
Getting the hang of things

Re: qlink.to.xxx not working

Post by Storyline »

Thanks Dolbyman :)
In the end I just deleted the initial registration (I did not mean to - must have pressed the wrong button lol) Anyway, when I re-registered the NAS all worked as per inc the qlink.to. Happy now :
Slowly getting the hang of my TS-453A :)

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”