Search No Longer Working

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
joezac
First post

Search No Longer Working

Post by joezac »

I've had no issues with my 4 bay QNAP and it has been a breeze. Then in December, my system crashed and burned after the firmware update. It has been hell to recover from that and to find the time to download all the fixes and such. Whomever designed that update should be fired. It has never happened before with so many major issues and for 2 weeks, not being able to access my drive!

Since that mess, I cannot search my QNAP. I can try any App, MyQNAPCloud, etc. The wheel keeps spinning and that is all. My QNAP is only about 2 years old and I use it for a home-based business and work that involves frequent global travel. It is critical that I have instant access to files and the ability to search. I am so fed up with the QNAP situation, that I have begun to look at competitors to locate a reliable replacement. Throw this crap in the road and run it over with a truck. Like I said, whoever is responsible for that update should be fired.

So, before I throw this crap in the road, has anyone else had this problem and solved it?

Joe
Trexx
Ask me anything

Re: Search No Longer Working

Post by Trexx »

Sorry to hear your struggles, I haven't experienced those type of issues but can imagine the frustration.

1st off - need more details: QNAP Model, QTS firmware version & build, Network Configuration etc.

2nd - I would look in resource manager, or via SSH/TOP to see if what your CPU load is. If it is running excessively high it could be a symptom of a potential malware infection. We saw several users on the forums late last year with those systems. Especially if your system is externally exposed, make sure you have installed QNAPs Malware Remover application.

For remote access, there are multiple solutions you can do: myQnapCloud, VPN, cloud link, etc.

QNAP recently had a presentation regarding myqnapcloud that also may provide some help:
http://files.qnap.com/news/pressresourc ... 180118.pdf

[youtube=]DWCJN2RopCE[/youtube]
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”