Admin Access

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
Mike H
First post

Admin Access

Post by Mike H »

My Qnap NAS works fine for existing Users who access folders via the network & My QNAP Cloud.

My problem is related to Administrator access.
I reset the Password by the 3 second reset procedure and I am then able to access via 'Admin' 'Admin'

at this stage all is fine.

I then disable DHCP and input a fixed IP address, followed by returning the NAS to my office network
at this point everything works for users, and the new 'Admin' 'Admin' credentials allows me access to filestation via QNAP Cloud, and network shares

But I cannot access Administration area using the default passwords once the IP address is changed and the NAS returned to my network.

It appears to be a security issue, I do not get an incorrect message, just a constant trying to connect

What advise can you please offer me.
Mousetick
Experience counts

Re: Admin Access

Post by Mousetick »

Mike H wrote: But I cannot access Administration area using the default passwords once the IP address is changed and the NAS returned to my network.
It appears to be a security issue, I do not get an incorrect message, just a constant trying to connect
You need to be a lot more specific in your story. What "Administration area" do you speak of? And how are you trying to access it?
Do you know about the QFinder Pro tool? If yes, is QFinder Pro able to locate your NAS on your 'office network'?

If I understood the rest of your story correctly, since you are apparently able to connect to it via QNAP cloud, you now have your NAS connected to the Internet with a default admin password. Your first priority should be to change the admin password, to protect against hacking and other nefarious attacks.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Just in case ... the default user is admin, not Admin - usernames are case sensitive, just like the passwords, too.
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

schumaku wrote:Just in case ... the default user is admin, not Admin - usernames are case sensitive, just like the passwords, too.
You sure?

"Admin" or "admin" username works on my box.
"Family1" or "family1" username works on my box.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”