I'm just in the process of installing my first NAS and just wasted most of my weekend trying to get my own certificate via Let's Encrypt or SSL for Free (which generates certificates from Let's Encrypt). In the end it was dead simple, so I thought I'd write this for other beginners with an easy-to-find title.
It turns out that you don't need to faff around with external sites, SSH, cURL commands, and all of that other frightening-looking stuff. QNAP has kindly integrated everything into apps, but only one of them works!
I assume that you have managed to set up myqnapcloud and have the myqnapcloud app running on your NAS.
1. IGNORE Control Panel/System/Security/Certificate & Private Key as this seems to have a bug. This page can be used later to download your certificate should you need it.
2. Open the myqnapcloud app on your NAS
3. Click on SSL Certificate in the left panel
4. Under Let's Encrypt, hit the Download and Install button
5. Enter your myqnapcloud domain name <yourdomain>.myqnapcloud.com and your email address
6. Select Automatically Renew should you want. Probably best.
7. Click on confirm & wait a little
8. Enjoy all that SSL goodness!
I assume that the above should work in the vast majority of cases.
References to help Forum search: https://letsencrypt.org/, https://www.sslforfree.com/
Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1