DDNS Failed to Update

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
al22xx
Starting out

Re: DDNS Failed to Update

Post by al22xx »

Hi I've been having the same problem for some time now, where would I found the C Name for my QNAP to substitute please?
StumpyBloke
New here

Post by StumpyBloke »

Been happening all day today for me!!

Message: [Network & Virtual Switch] Failed to update DDNS "myQNAPcloud".
CamMty
New here

Post by CamMty »

workaround (on terminal)

/etc/init.d/network.sh restart

wait a minute and check.
I've got 2 QNAP´s and after the upgrade 1 is working fine and other fails some times a day. I guess is a problem with virtual switch.
StumpyBloke
New here

Post by StumpyBloke »

Thanks but I cant do that unfortunately. I've raised a ticket with QNAP. I'm sick of these continual errors.
Simonbz
Starting out

Post by Simonbz »

CamMty wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:57 pm workaround (on terminal)

/etc/init.d/network.sh restart

wait a minute and check.
I've got 2 QNAP´s and after the upgrade 1 is working fine and other fails some times a day. I guess is a problem with virtual switch.
same problem on my ts-231K no.it ddns not updating ... it is strange because under network & virtual switch I cannot see any setup of my ddns so I cannot edit it ... before I installed this app, there were the standard ddns option under network ... now they are only under this Wirtual switch app but are uneditable .. I see only a blank page and the button to add the ddns service. If I add a custom ddns service it wrote anything ... The fact that you cannot uninstall this app is also not so good ... because I cannot reverse back on the other ddns editable option ...
So I becoming this notification .. last fw on my qnap ..
I've tryed the work around on terminal, with putty, but it return me that network.sh is not an existing service ...

Thanks
StumpyBloke
New here

Post by StumpyBloke »

Looks like a restart of my router sorted it for more. Can’t believe I didn’t try that first!
rpfleging
Starting out

Post by rpfleging »

Since the latest update I have the same issue after 3 years of no problems. I thought I would just delete one of my rules and reenter the information. No-ip is not a choice anymore when setting up a DDNS. I will be submitting a help ticket to see if it can be fixed.
TS-451+
StumpyBloke
New here

Post by StumpyBloke »

I’ve given up with it. It came back after a day or so. I’ve disabled it on the NAS. Shouldn’t have to but there we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rpfleging
Starting out

Post by rpfleging »

Got this solved for me. I noticed that 3 of 4 domains that I update were not working but 1 was. Somehow the url filed in the DDNS were blank. The 1 that was still showed No-IP as the provider and was working. I just deleted the other 3 and created a new entry. Since No-IP was not a choice I had to enter it as custom. No errors for the last few hours.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”