I was accessing my NAS drive at my home through a linksys router. I use QSync to backup files from a remote computer and sometime use the QFile app on my iphone to access some files.
Everything was working fine until I changed my router. I now have a bit semi-pro Ubiquity router. For some reason, QSync is no longer connecting. I can access my NAS drive from my mobile phone using my own DDNS. I have also setup MyQnapCloud DDNS.
So to ensure a relatively clean setup, I would like to know the following:
- What ports are needed for QNap DDNS?
- What ports are needed for using QSync over the web?
- What ports are needed for accessing files using QFile mobile app?
- Lastly, where can I change some of the default ports if a particular port needs forwarding but it already being used by a different device?
I understand some people say just use the UPNP but for some reason it is not working (Could be the router?). Also, I have heard that it is better (more secure?) to forward certain ports rather than give an app a cart blanch using UPNP. Currently, if I turn on UPNP, MyQNAPCloud App on the NAS drive shows:
- Auto Router Configuration Status: Green Tick
- Auto Router Configuration Web Connectivity: Red Cross
- DDNS Status: Green Tick
Thank you for any help.
Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1