Can't access my internal NAS over my myqnapcloud address

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
NAS-26
Starting out

Can't access my internal NAS over my myqnapcloud address

Post by NAS-26 »

I have set up a ddns address on myqnapcloud and I am able to access my NAS over this address (xxx.myqnapcloud.com) from any network outside my own network. However, from my internal network I can't access my nas over this address. For the internal access I have to use the internal IP address of the NAS. Does anybody know, how I have to set up my NAS (or my firewall), so that I can access it also over my DDNS.
----------------
Model: TS-453 Pro, RAID 5
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Can't access my internal NAS over my myqnapcloud address

Post by dolbyman »

nas freeley accesible over the net is a bad idea (look at all the hacked nas threads)

but to answer your question..either set your ddns to your internal ip in your local dns (router) or if that is not supported, edit your host file
NAS-26
Starting out

Post by NAS-26 »

Thank you, dolbyman. What do you mean with "freely accessible"? Shouldn't Qnap care about a safe communication when I use their myQnapCloud and CloudLink functionality? And what would you suggest to get a "safe" connection?
----------------
Model: TS-453 Pro, RAID 5
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

qnap only provides the ddns service..they do NOT provide a platform that is fit to actually be exposed (3 malware attacks in the last 12 months)

only thing secure enough to use is a vpn connection, preferably done on your router or firewall...optionally also on the nas

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”