Unregistered device but unable to reg new QNAP with same name

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
marsroadcs
New here

Unregistered device but unable to reg new QNAP with same name

Post by marsroadcs » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:02 am

Hello all,

We had to migrate to an alternate QNAP, so after doing a NAS to NAS copy of all the folders, we shut down the old one, re-IP'd the new one and renamed the new one to be the same as the original. Local shares work fine.

Next step was to get qsync working again. Upon logging into myQNAPcloud and un-registering the old device, it will not allow me to register the new one saying the name is in use. Either someone hawked it within minutes (unlikely) or perhaps there is a time delay after un-registering a device before you can reg another with the same name?

I also checked the SSL, and it's still installed as myname.myqnapclould.com. I don't think that is causing the issue, but there is no option to delete / remove that I can see, only to EXTEND it.

Any help appreciated. My plan was to re-reg the alternate QNAP as the same name, boom/done but no joy.

Thank you

marsroadcs
New here

Re: Unregistered device but unable to reg new QNAP with same name

Post by marsroadcs » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:59 am

Dang, over 2,000 views and no takers :) Must be an isolated incident, I'll hit up support for some feedback. My TS-453 Pro wound up in a >>> SYSTEM BOOTING status, which is why we had to deploy an alternate QNAP. When I get an answer I'll post it here in case it helps someone in the future. Still love my QNAP despite the >>> SYSTEM BOOTING hang! FYI for anyone else that has that issue, support said it appears to be a system board and they no longer have parts due to it being end of support.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”