2 MyQNAPCloud accounts, one says No Service Available after login

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
Cog07
New here

2 MyQNAPCloud accounts, one says No Service Available after login

Post by Cog07 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:40 am

Hi everyone,

Just got stumped.

I do remote maintenance for a client with 2 QNAPs on site.

The main one is TS450 Pro, The second is TS 453a.

Both are on the latest firmware. See attachments.

A few months ago we created a QNAP account for myself. The login and access was working fine, until yesterday, one day after the latest firmware update. I must mention that it was working after the firmware update, but stopped working yesterday.

For testing purposes, I tried to login from my office computer with my client's QNAP account, all is fine.

When I try with my QNAP account, I can log in to MYQNAPCloud, I see the 2 QNAPs in the "Friend's Devices", but in the Services column, it now says "No Service Available'. Up until yesterday I could see bot QNAPs and I could log in to both of them.

See the attachments.

Has any one seen this before, and did you find a solution?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TS 453Pro AD Primary Domain Controller (PDC)
TS 453a AD Read-only Backup Controller (BDC)
QTS 4.5.1

Mousetick
Been there, done that

Re: 2 MyQNAPCloud accounts, one says No Service Available after login

Post by Mousetick » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:02 am

You missed the memo. QNAP sent this announcement earlier this month via email. But you won't find any information online on their main site nor on the myQNAPcloud site. Oh no, that would be too simple. Better to keep it hush-hush :roll:
mqnapc.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cog07
New here

Post by Cog07 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:47 am

Thanks for the heads up Mousetick, I had effectively "missed the memo".

After reading a few other posts in this section, I decided to follow dolbyman's recommendation (admonition!?) to "not expose your NAS to the WAN" viewtopic.php?f=313&t=159178#p777757.

We have recently set up a VPN for remote users, so I decided to "join the fray" and go VPN. I should have thought of this earlier but connecting through MyQNAPCloud was done a long time ago and became a habit.

Thanks again Mousetick and dolbyman and all of you out there in the community. It is good to know we can all help each other out.
TS 453Pro AD Primary Domain Controller (PDC)
TS 453a AD Read-only Backup Controller (BDC)
QTS 4.5.1

nameuser
Starting out

Post by nameuser » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:27 pm

I missed too, and panicked because i couldn't access QTS desktop anymore, but I now realized there is a link to QTS desktop :lol:

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”