MyQnapCloud Access denied to Webinterface of NAS

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
spile
Been there, done that

Re: MyQnapCloud Access denied to Webinterface of NAS

Post by spile »

Recent firmware updates have included hardening to address attacks so remote management perhaps may be one of the victims. I’ve not noticed an issue when remotely accessing via VPN.
shamdag
First post

Post by shamdag »

Hi All,

I have exactly the same issue!! I'm really hoping someone can shed some light onto this for us!
frizzo
Starting out

Post by frizzo »

Hi,
I have the same issue. :(

Speculation:
a) my browser is Firefox and I have updated it yesterday to V88.0 There might be a dependency.
b) I could connect successfully last week. QNAP has changed something under the hood since then.

Workaround:
Rather via the QNAP portal connect directly via the DDNS hostname e.g. use https://<your device name>.myqnapcloud.com/cgi-bin/
That works for me.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Read this thread and give your head a shake for even trying to put your qts online

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=160849

Be very afraid
DL13784
Starting out

Post by DL13784 »

dolbyman wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:52 pm Read this thread and give your head a shake for even trying to put your qts online

Be very afraid
i think a few times is enough, you don't have to spam it everywhere that you think everyone is stupid but you for exposing their nas to the internet..
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

I spam?..you on glue mate?

People with no technical knowlage, that trust QNAPs advertising are losing all their (not backed up) lifes data

...and you tell me to stop repeating?

you are either a troll/idiot that loves to see the world burn or in with the criminals

gtfo
greentrancer
New here

Post by greentrancer »

I am facing exactly the same issue as we speak...

@Sandor123: what was the solution in your case? Is it working now?

Thank you.
curios
First post

Post by curios »

Had a problem with same error message today. Resolved it, seemingly and mysteriously, by connecting via a different WLAN AP (connected via DLAN to the NAS).
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

DL13784 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:14 am
dolbyman wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:52 pm Read this thread and give your head a shake for even trying to put your qts online

Be very afraid
i think a few times is enough, you don't have to spam it everywhere that you think everyone is stupid but you for exposing their nas to the internet..
but dolby is not wrong on this..... i'm not sure what else he is suppose to say. someone can't just simply say their going to do something that is gonna get themselves wrecked and expect others to say their doing the right thing when they are not.... :S
spile wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:16 pm Recent firmware updates have included hardening to address attacks so remote management perhaps may be one of the victims. I’ve not noticed an issue when remotely accessing via VPN.
correct. Just do what spile does, use a vpn. I believe spile uses a raspberry pi using pivpn or something which is acceptable. or you can do the vpn server on the router e.g. pfsense. There are guides on youtube how to do this.

Don't use myqnapcloud, cloudlink, there is no reason to. u can still achieve remote access via use of the vpn to access your nas. This is a safer way to do it.

Also when doing remote, you also need to maintain your network more so, by keeping everything up to date, and making sure that all the network configurations and your client device usage practises are done responsibly so you don't get infected by malware/viruses when downloading something you shouldn't have, or not updating as often as you should, or improperly configured networking equipment (e.g. make sure upnp is disabled on the router especially)
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Moogle those posts were from a year ago..just a recent necropost dug that out again

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”