QVR Pro Surveillance - No NAT & No Port Forwarding

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
archiebonkers
New here

QVR Pro Surveillance - No NAT & No Port Forwarding

Post by archiebonkers »

All,

Need some guidance here or options, I have NAS Model QGD-3014-16TP running as a surveillance device with cameras however unfortunately is it in a rural area where we can only get 4G internet of the ISP Optus. Why do I say unfortunately as this provider does not allow for a Global IP nor do they support Port Forwarding hence when I'm outside of my network can I not view the cameras via the Mobile App.

My questions is: Does QNAP have any solutions for this to circumvent this tech challenge / issue I'm sure there are many people out there with the same issue even on FTTH, is this something that can be done via the QNAP Cloud Service I've checked however it doesn't seem to be the case therefore any advice or ideas would be highly appreciated ?

cheers as I'm going Bonkers.... :D :D
OneCD
Guru

Re: QVR Pro Surveillance - No NAT & No Port Forwarding

Post by OneCD »

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)
archiebonkers wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:27 am I have NAS Model QGD-3014-16TP running as a surveillance device with cameras however unfortunately is it in a rural area where we can only get 4G internet of the ISP Optus. Why do I say unfortunately as this provider does not allow for a Global IP nor do they support Port Forwarding hence when I'm outside of my network can I not view the cameras via the Mobile App.
This might be a good use-case for the myQNAPcloud Link service (separate from the myQNAPcloud service) - if it's supported by your device.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

Can you not implement a vpn server and use that to access the network when remote?
archiebonkers
New here

Post by archiebonkers »

If the provider doesn't allow for a Global IP and nor support port forwarding can i actually install a VPN ?
archiebonkers
New here

Post by archiebonkers »

ok so i check the QNAP Cloud Link and this works great thank you for your help @OneCD !!
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

A dynamic dns service like Duckdns would deal with a non static ip but thinking about it yes you would need to open one port. Irrelevant discussion as you have found a workaround from Onecd.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”