Multiple Issues.... Accessing Multimedia and from Laptop/PC

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
proskier871
New here

Multiple Issues.... Accessing Multimedia and from Laptop/PC

Post by proskier871 »

I am fairly new to the NAS industry on this scale... my previous NAS was a Seagate 8TB until they stopped support and was limited to only Accessing it on a local network.

The problem that I am having is when Accessing the Qnap 251+ through my local network I can access the External Drive Via USB with no problems but I can not access the folder Base that is on the QNAP NAS. The other issue is when accessing my QNAP through the QNAP QFINDER PRO (which is not a problem) and trying to accessing permissions for the Multimedia Folder it stated that access is denied and I can not change it (even though I am logged is as the administrator. I can not change or add any information (files to it) looking to stream my music collection through QMusic, but it will not acccess through Multimedia the drive that I have connected through USB.

I am using this as a Media server using PLEX mainly and also using it to store files that I need via remote access.....

Also when trying to access the NAS through Windows File Explorer, it is prompting me for the ADMIN password but it is not working even though I am using the ADMIN password that I use to log into the QFinder.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”