Myqnapcloud link security

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
Neofit
Starting out

Myqnapcloud link security

Post by Neofit »

Hi,

When we got the ransomware scare on qnap a couple of months ago, i patched everything and disabled myqnapcloud. Or thought I did.

I've spent the last 4 weeks in a hospital, and I really wished I could watch a few of the things I have on my NAS. Then yesterday for the heck of it, Idecidede to try, and could access my QTS desktop through the qlink.to/ link. Oops I guess.

They are letting me go home tonight then I'll be back tomorrow for another round, so I'll have a few hours to set things up. I've been reading these boards like crazy since yesterday, but I am still confused.

I've read that myqnapcloud link is more secure than the not link myqnapcloud. Is it only because it does not require opening any ports in the router ? I don't have any open, but still, being able to reach my qts was scary.

If I follow the official qnap guide to connect through qvpn, I should be OK ? More OK than without I mean, I know that only turning it off will give a 100% guarantee.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Myqnapcloud link security

Post by dolbyman »

Qlink tunnels your connection through qnap servers...you need to trust qnap not to get hacked and not to read/snoop your files

If you want to use VPN ..use a VPN server on your router or a dedicated appliance like a firewall or a raspi

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”