QNAP service Portal remains quiet

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
frankly
Starting out

QNAP service Portal remains quiet

Post by frankly »

Hi,

want to share my dealings with the service portal.
Having my QNAP being hacked because of a security matter,
i followed all the steps the portal provided.

Thank you for contacting QNAP support.
I want to "guide" you through every step of the process, so to speak.
Please start by following the instructions, and if you encounter any difficulties, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Yours sincerely.
Vitaly Larkin

that was on march 29th.
on april 8th I had all my files found by photorec, but when i try to recover them with qrescue, i get the following problem:
"Two or more discs are found, please identify witch was proccesesd by Photorec. Entre the number 1 - 0 "
but both 0 nore 1 are found.
So I contacted the service platform again through te proper channels (the form), but allthough having asked for a reply, untill today, Nothing...

is this normal for qnap?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: QNAP service Portal remains quiet

Post by dolbyman »

Plainly depends on who is working on your ticket.. sometimes it's fast sometimes it takes a long time.

But as this is only a community forum (QNAP does not come here) .. complaining here will not do anything.

The error message sounds like as if the process cannot find the external USB drive to save the files on
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

if it's very urgent, i suggest you call the technical support hotline directly. make sure u mention your existing ticket number as well.

if you're only using the ticketing system, then there is a high chance you may get very delayed response times. so if u don't want that, call them.

also it may be a good idea to ALWAYS ask them when you can expect them to get back to. Always ask that, otherwise you will be waiting for ages wondering when they will get back to you :S

as for new tickets, usually standard sla for most support centers is within 2 days for SLAs (not counting non business days e.g. holidays and weekends)
on april 8th I had all my files found by photorec, but when i try to recover them with qrescue, i get the following problem:
anyway,sounds to me like u don't keep backups? plz do if the data is important to you. raid by itself is not a backup. and recovery methods like what you are doing are by no means fullproof, not to mention a lot of things can go wrong which is why you need a backup.

https://www.reddit.com/r/qnap/comments/ ... _a_backup/
Last edited by Moogle Stiltzkin on Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
dosborne
Experience counts

Post by dosborne »

If your question is really about the QNAP ticket and response system, then I think the answer is pretty clear, you need to take steps to escalate. Call or email them for an update.

If you question is also about using phtorec, there are a ton of posts and comprehensives guides that I am sure will give you direction without the need to further contact QNAP, likely? I haven't had a need for it myself, but have browsed a few here and there?
QNAP TS-563-16G 5x10TB Seagate Ironwolf HDD Raid-5 NIC: 2x1GB 1x10GbE
QNAP TS-231P-US 2x18TB Seagate Exos HDD Raid-1
[Deadbolt and General Ransomware Detection, Prevention, Recovery & MORE]
frankly
Starting out

Post by frankly »

Thnks,

Thnx for your answers, it helps.

I know they are not here, but I got an answer today;

Hello Frank, good morning.
Thank you for contacting QNAP support.
I am sorry that I could not answer for so long. Unfortunately, I am at the end with my skills here. We don't have an infected NAS here, so we can't test the QRescue.
Please, if you need any further assistance in this case, contact me again at anytime or open a new case for new support request with different question.
Thank you.

I am appoled, they send me a DIY giudeline, the qnap has a problem with one of the steps, and this is their answer after 3 weeks?
the next stepts are in their own guidelines, they must have made these using a qnap and the data from is to make them,
how else would they know what steps to take?
I'll try to get to their hotline.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”