QVPN , QBELT issue

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
shortee81
New here

QVPN , QBELT issue

Post by shortee81 »

hello Gents, i have some issue with VPN service that i am trying to use on my qnap device TS-251D with QTS v 5.0.0.1986 . Network is very simple, there is ISP router, plugged to WAN port of TP link router on which i have port forward 1194 port to point to local IP of NAS in the network.NAS is also connected to TP link. Everything else is flying and working very fast, but whatever i do i can not establish VPN connection. tried multiple PC, and also OPENVPN and same thing. ISP gave me static IP , and i am sure i am doing something wrong just do not know what..
i am having error like no response from VPN server,check your network settings if your VPN port or IP is correct .
i also tried to put NAS IP in DMZ ( i know bad idea, but just for test purpose ), tried to port Forward many ports like 80, 443, 8080 etc but i can not get VPN to work, and this drive me crazy.
can someone help to point me to some direction :)
regards.,
OneCD
Guru

Re: QVPN , QBELT issue

Post by OneCD »

Did you also create a port-forward rule inside your ISP’s router? It should forward from the Internet to the WAN IP of your TP-Link router. Note: this won’t be needed if your ISP router has been set to bridge mode (they’re not usually configured this way and only the better ones support bridging).

If you’re forwarding port 1194, remember to choose UDP instead of TCP. ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
shortee81
New here

Re: QVPN , QBELT issue

Post by shortee81 »

Hi OneCD, nope i did not and looks like this can be the issue,since i was thinking it was enough to set all things on TP link, and not touch ISP one :)... btw i do not know will ISP router have option to have bridge, but i will check it thanks.
i have few more ideas, which i will try and if still not working i will revert here..
regards.,

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”