The Qnap Website and Products have turned into **.

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
Radasaurus
Starting out

The Qnap Website and Products have turned into **.

Post by Radasaurus »

So I'm trying to get my two Qnap's and my Windows 10 64x pc all using the same damn passwords for accounts - without using active directory for God's sake

But with all of the changes by Microsoft, Qnap, and everywhere else, I think it is time for me to throw out my TS-451+ and old backup TS-410 and start over. NOTHING WORKS ANYMORE. Its pathetic. I used to be able to just add credentials to my account in Windows 10 for each machine and a host entry in Windows and then I could browse over to the NAS, open, edit copy/paste, do anything to the files on my Nas. But nope. No prayer of that anymore.

I used to have an existing Myqnapcloud.com account that managed everything. Nope. Not anymore it doesn't. It also seems that there is a new website they have thrown into the mix of crap they've created that is account.qnap.com. Its not the same. Here is the fun part: When I go to reset my password on my myqnapcloud.com account that I have used for 4-5 years, I get the email as I would expect with the link to do so. So, like an idiot, I go ahead and reset the password to the account - everything is smooth and it accepts my new password. Hooray! Even though I don't think my Lastpass account suddenly decided to[ change the password on my account to something new all by itself, I had the glow of comfort knowing that I definitely could get into my account now.

So I update lastpass, close the window, open a new window, go to myqnapcloud.com, and enter the same damn account and the new the password I had JUST F''ING CHANGED 30 SECONDS PREVIOUSLY. Only now I am greeted with a message that says "your account name or password is incorrect". THIS IS COMPLETE **, and I haven't even STARTED to get into all of the other dramas associated with making these ** QNAP's talk to each other without using active damn directory for a laptop and two Qnap drives.

I'm not even at STEP 1 for God's sake (https://www.qnap.com/en-in/qutube/video/IHGPgSXNOcM) and this idiotic ** has completely wasted two days and nights of my life. This isn't rocket science either, but I thin QANP as a company has some serious problems they need to fix. Forget the fact I haven't even ventured down the path of the other site that users get redirected to (account.qnap.com) which you'll never in a million years be able to enter with any of the accounts or passwords already you've created.

If anyone can shed some minimal life on what the HELL is going on, I'd be greateful. Otherwise these two pieces of ** go in the trash and I'm buying a Synology so I can get on with my life. I've had MORE than enough of this crap. And the next storage system I buy will have a hotline where I can actually speak to a human instead of trading back and forth emails that use up even more of my time.

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH. Time to eject the Qnap sludge from my life.

Sincerely,
Major ** Off.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: The Qnap Website and Products have turned into **.

Post by dolbyman »

There is so many '**' in there, I have no idea what you are doing or even trying to do

There is no need to setup anything with qnapcloud (exposing your NAS is a great way to get hacked btw)

If you want to use several NAS with the same windows account, just setup the windows account on your NAS and thats it

example:

Windows login:
user@mydomain.net

NAS login (setup on all NAS with the same password as the Windows user)
user@mydomain.net

Make sure that user has permissions on the shares you want to mount and that's it
Radasaurus
Starting out

Post by Radasaurus »

I don't have a domain, only a workgroup which I have entered into all three machines and then made them all master browsers - that seemed to work. For about 1-2 hours. So if I get our right, you are saying the account name I create under users you are saying should be: name@workgroupname (with no .com after the workgroupname)? I'd try it but thought I would ask otherwise running the risk of locking myself out of my NAS entirely and permanently.

I have myqnapcloud installed because I need to occassionally grab files from the nas to my phone or pc when I'm on the road. I tried setting up a VPN which many have said is much more safe, however after several attempts to do that over the past year or two - even something simple like a VPN setup is nearly impossible on a qnap.

Microsoft requires a MS live account now which pretty much fried the option to just put in local windows credentials and add the entries in the host file like I used to. Now its a drama and I never know if I'll be abler to browse over to my QNAP or not anymore using SIMPLE Windows Explorer browsing to a file and opening it to edit on the spot.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

the yourdomain example was the email address in case you log into your computers via an email/microsoft account (and you say you use a live account )

If you are angry now.. wait till the next malware wave gets you (all files encrypted for ransom) .. exposing your NAS directly is a horrible way to "grab" files on the go .. it's a great way for criminals to make bitcoin

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/s ... e-attacks/
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/s ... worldwide/

There is plenty of ways to do that without exposing your NAS
dosborne
Experience counts

Post by dosborne »

Radasaurus wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:03 am even something simple like a VPN setup is nearly impossible on a qnap.
I will venture that the "correct" place to run a VPN is on your router, or a device like a raspberry pi.
QNAP TS-563-16G 5x10TB Seagate Ironwolf HDD Raid-5 NIC: 2x1GB 1x10GbE
QNAP TS-231P-US 2x18TB Seagate Exos HDD Raid-1
[Deadbolt and General Ransomware Detection, Prevention, Recovery & MORE]

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”