VPN

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
martinpribyl
First post

VPN

Post by martinpribyl »

Hello, I have QNAP TS-212 in my work and I need to acces files from home. I have setup VPN connection (PPTP) and router with fixed public IP in my work, now I am at home and connected to VPN network I created. How to connect to NAS harddrives/shares?

I am connected to VPN, but I cannot see NAS in network computers. When I try acces NAS via browser (Firefox), I entered fixed public IP adress of work internet connection from my ISP and connect to NAS administration interface without any problem.
schumaku
Guru

Re: VPN

Post by schumaku »

With PPTP, the default NAS IP address is 10.0.0.1, reps. whatever IP address range (mandatorily outside of any LAN sub-networks) configured ( [PPTP-range].1 ).

With the VPN connection established, enter //10.0.0.17 in Windows Explorer.

For successful PPTP connections, the Internet General Route Encapsulation protocol (GRE, protocol ID 47) must be permitted on the router. VPN-friendly router are allowing this automatically.

FMI:

QNAP Turbo NAS User Manual -> [url=http://docs.qHow%20to%20set%20up%20VPN%20service%20on%20QNAP%20NASnap.com/nas/4.0/Home/en/index.html?vpn_service.htm]Applications -> VPN[/url]

www.qnap.com -> Resources -> Tutorials -> How to set up VPN service on QNAP NAS.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”