file upload limit

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
trippy21
Starting out

file upload limit

Post by trippy21 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:52 pm

I've enabled MyQnapcloud so that i can share files with my brother who now lives in Australia. It is working fine and he is able to login and upload photos to the drive using file station. But he mentioned in a message that he can only do so many at a time and that there is a limit per upload.
This is normally not a problem, but he is currently uploading his wedding photos and its taking him quite a few goes to get them all up, which is a bit of a pain because he can't just leave it running over night knowing that they'll all be done in the morning.
Is there a way of lifting the limit on the number of uploads?

We were using the ftp server, but it was leaving the NAS exposed to hacking and i was getting a lot of attempts to login to the server!
TS-210 4.1.0 120614
2 x WD Red 4TB WD40EFRX-68WT0N080.0 Raid 1

pwilson
Guru

Re: file upload limit

Post by pwilson » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:56 pm

trippy21 wrote:I've enabled MyQnapcloud so that i can share files with my brother who now lives in Australia. It is working fine and he is able to login and upload photos to the drive using file station. But he mentioned in a message that he can only do so many at a time and that there is a limit per upload.
This is normally not a problem, but he is currently uploading his wedding photos and its taking him quite a few goes to get them all up, which is a bit of a pain because he can't just leave it running over night knowing that they'll all be done in the morning.
Is there a way of lifting the limit on the number of uploads?

We were using the ftp server, but it was leaving the NAS exposed to hacking and i was getting a lot of attempts to login to the server!

Can't he simply ZIP them up, and then upload a single file?

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.

trippy21
Starting out

Re: file upload limit

Post by trippy21 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:15 pm

Thanks
TS-210 4.1.0 120614
2 x WD Red 4TB WD40EFRX-68WT0N080.0 Raid 1

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”