myQNAPCloud Services Not working

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
gbgogs
Starting out

myQNAPCloud Services Not working

Postby gbgogs » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:37 am

Hi All,

I got my first NAS (TS-469L) just two days back and I'm very very impressed by it. :DD

I tried setting up the myQNAPCloud service and whilst all the auto-configuration worked fine (one click and it did a few things after which it told me everything is configured), I can't seem to use any of the services.

Logging into the myqnapcloud account shows my NAS device and also a list of services. :) I've published only the file station and the photo station services and they are the only two I see - which is good. :) The problem arises when I click on one of these services. :!:

The browser goes to http://xxxxx.myqnapcloud.com:8080/cgi-b ... nager.html and just sits there for a while after which it comes up with a server not responding message.

I've got a WD MyNet 600 router sitting at home which as a 8 port gigabit switch attached to it. I haven't configured the router in any way as the NAS auto config bit said it was all working fine. Also, the fact that I can see my published services seems to suggest that it is working ok till that point. :S

How should I go about debugging/fixing this issue :?: I'd love to be able to see my photos when away from home.

Note: I'm doing this test from outside my network so there shouldn't be a loopback issue.

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers,
GB

schumaku
Guru

Re: myQNAPCloud Services Not working

Postby schumaku » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:05 pm

Hello GB, Welcome to the QNAP NAS Community Forum!

There are other aspects than just the WAN IP loopback.

Does your ISP assign a public routable IP address, ie. has the router a public IP address on it's Internet/WAN port?

Does your ISP allow using common service ports like 80/TCP, 8080/TCP, 443/TCP, ... to offer services?

Has the Automatic Router Configuration succeeded?

Many things can be wrong - off myQNAPcloud control.

Regards,
-Kurt.

gbgogs
Starting out

Re: myQNAPCloud Services Not working

Postby gbgogs » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:55 am

Thanks for the reply Kurt.

I've got it working! I just unregistered the device and restarted. It configured everything automatically and now it works! :) :)

It's just extremely slow because my upload speed is just 1mbps! it still works at times though! :)

Cheers,
GB

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”