issues with Qsync on a MAC

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
dcocilov
First post

issues with Qsync on a MAC

Post by dcocilov »

I'm very happy about my 3 qnap....and now I'm trying to use the qsync in order to share documents with my team... with windows seems to work but we have some mac and on the mac is really a nightmare !
The biggest problems hare:

- when you install the client you CAN'T choose the language (for me english is enough) but is installed yours language....and on the Italian version there is a big mess, a lot of messages are in another language that I don't know (e.g. there is wtitten "Kivalasztas" and also "hasznalat" ...I can't use it...how to install in english please???

- in the finder is NOT visualized the menu for sharing different directories with different people....there is a patch coming ?

thanks a lot
Daniele

dcocilov@gmail.com
schumaku
Guru

Re: issues with Qsync on a MAC

Post by schumaku »

Hello Daniele,

Welcome to the QNAP NAS Community Forum.

Please confirm, this is "QNAP Qsync for Mac 1.0.1 Build 1111" as available from download section for your NAS model(s).

These are Hungarian words ... "Kivalasztas" ( :DD that's not what you really want to do, suspect a translation mistake anyway) and also "hasznalat" (means something like "space used" typically IMHO) but I'm was off from fluent.

Will file a bug report with QNAP once the version is confirmed.

Regards,
-Kurt.
ginbox
First post

Post by ginbox »

I can confirm that the Italian translation in version 1.0.1.1111 is messed up, making it almost unusable.
Please fix it o, even better, use the language selected during install (why do you give the option to select the language if then it use the system one anyway?).
markgonda
Starting out

Post by markgonda »

Started using Qsync on a mac and noticed that it is a memory hog.

It wants to gobble up as much free RAM as available while syncing. I am using the latest release, if you can call it that for beta software, from last November QNAP Qsync for Mac 1.0.1 Build 1111.

Also, the Qsync launch during the restart of the mac really slows down the whole restart process. It wants to check for file consistency between my mac and Qnap immediately and slows down the whole booting up process, all the while eating up lots of RAM.

Last, the Qsync app on the mac simply quits and disappears, needing to be launched again. No consistency as to when it quits but it happened several time during the initial sync and noticed that its happens periodically now. I've just chalked it up as a beta sw glitch...

Anyone else notice similar behavior?

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”