myQNAPcloud password protocol

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
TimRideout
Know my way around

myQNAPcloud password protocol

Post by TimRideout »

Hi all,

I have been trying to login to my QNAP cloud. I have gone through the registration process at myqnapcloud.com and input all my info, user name, pass etc. Everything checks out ok.

Then, when I go into the NAS management console of my new 669L and follow the instructions on GET STARTED, i get the response that my password is incorrect.

I use an alphanumeric password of 22 characters for this cloud. It also contains one "special" character.
It seems this password protocol will not work - because when i change my password to 10 character alpha numeric with no special characters, I can log in fine.

Does anyone know WHY - and why isn't there a feedback loop that would tell some one this?

thanks,
T
TimRideout
Know my way around

Re: myQNAPcloud password protocol

Post by TimRideout »

And even lamer that there is no feedback loop telling you this!
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

It is one of the things that the Community has complained about for years. I'm sure QNAP will fix the documentation eventually. Personally I'd prefer if they'd simply fixed the software (to remove the restriction), so that they don't have to.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Hello Tim
TimRideout wrote:Does anyone know WHY - and why isn't there a feedback loop that would tell some one this?
Because it's supposed to work I guess?

Based on the HTML code, the password length is (registration 6..50), register NAS (max. 50) ... 50.

Here my test password ... less than 50, but some characters potentially causing issues:

ThisIsAWonderful.new.Password-andit's_long

This works fine for the myQNAPcloud (QID) registration, and the confirmation URL.
This works to sign-in on the myQNAPcloud.com portal.
This does not work to register a NAS (QTS 4.1 Beta, slightly newer than what's available for public Beta):
QTS_4.1_20140123_TS269H_myQNAPcloud_password_issue.PNG
But then - I can assure you that this password works on a QTS 4.1 early March 2014 closed Beta builds to register the password.

Let's take your report to the list of known issues on the unidentified firmware version :-0

As a side note, the myQNAPcloud sign-in and password change form does not inform about the user exceeding the max. username and password length permitted, the password is truncated to 50 silently after the submission.

Regards,
-Kurt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TimRideout
Know my way around

Post by TimRideout »

Thanks for the info, Kurt. I think the user/pass form should definitely inform the user if there are conditions to conforming the password! Truncating length is big one.

For my password, all I had to do was... wait. I can now log into MyQNAPcloud.com and access my NAS. I still can't using a sub-domain name from within my LAN (myNAS.Myqnapcloud.com )

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”