Problem accessing my TS-269 PRO from remote

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
LevShlomo
New here

Problem accessing my TS-269 PRO from remote

Post by LevShlomo »

I set up a new TS-269 PRO. I can access it from local network. I setup the WEB server and the MYSQL server I can access both from local lan. The problem start when I try to connect to it from external network. (i.e. from another computer connected via another router to another ISP). I follow the steps in the documentation. Enabled the VPN installed the the MyCloudNAS application that accessed my router and performed the port forwarding. I Created the myQNAPCloud account. When I try to access the NAS from outside I can see it at the cloud and it shows the device and all the shared functions. But when I try to connect to one of them I get a waiting for response forever.

I will appreciate if someone can help me solve this problem.
pwilson
Guru

Re: Problem accessing my TS-269 PRO from remote

Post by pwilson »

LevShlomo wrote:I set up a new TS-269 PRO. I can access it from local network. I setup the WEB server and the MYSQL server I can access both from local lan. The problem start when I try to connect to it from external network. (i.e. from another computer connected via another router to another ISP). I follow the steps in the documentation. Enabled the VPN installed the the MyCloudNAS application that accessed my router and performed the port forwarding. I Created the myQNAPCloud account. When I try to access the NAS from outside I can see it at the cloud and it shows the device and all the shared functions. But when I try to connect to one of them I get a waiting for response forever.

I will appreciate if someone can help me solve this problem.
Which VPN solution are you attempting to use? :roll:

If you are using the insecure PPTP VPN, you can access it at 10.0.0.1.
If you are using the OpenVPN solution it is at 10.8.0.1.

I use OpenVPN here:

Once you have connected via the undisclosed VPN solution, you simply access the NAS at it's VPN address.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”