Cannot set up myQNAPcloud

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
lexvo
Know my way around

Cannot set up myQNAPcloud

Post by lexvo »

When I try to set up myQNAPcloud (via the wizard) I keep getting an error message "unknown error -3". I managed to make a username and can login, but when I try to make a device name I get this error. Anyone else experienced this?
TS-453Be with FW 5.1.5.2645 build 20240116, 4GB RAM, 4x WD Red 4TB RAID 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: Cannot set up myQNAPcloud

Post by schumaku »

Double check time zone and time setting on your NAS. With the time off to much, myQNAPcloud registration will fail.
lexvo
Know my way around

Post by lexvo »

Thank you, I will check that out.

I was setting up OpenVPN and there the myQNAPCloud came by to set up a fixed domain. I set up dyndns for this so the problem isn't urgent anymore.
lexvo
Know my way around

Post by lexvo »

Time zone and time settings were OK.

But I solved it by going to the myQNAPCloud web page and (re)confirmed my registration. (Apparently, something had gone wrong in the setup wizard)
After this, I ran the setup wizard on my QNAP again and this time everything worked OK.
newmikeman
First post

Post by newmikeman »

I have the same problem: "Unknown error(Error code : -3)" having registered my email address, password etc and then given the device name.

The problem occurs whatever I choose as the device name (for the avoidance of doubt I mean the "xyzzy" that makes up "xyzzy.qnapcloud.com").

Given that my QNAP TS-212 is configured to get the time from the net I don't think it can be about time or time zone.

I tried re-entering the registration process but it told me the email address was already registered. Is that what you meant by "(re)confirming" lexvo?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Mike
lexvo
Know my way around

Post by lexvo »

newmikeman wrote: I tried re-entering the registration process but it told me the email address was already registered. Is that what you meant by "(re)confirming" lexvo?
Yes, I don't remember exactly the steps I took, but I logged in on the website and then was walked through the final phase of the registration process. Then I started the wizard on my QNAP again and everything worked fine.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”