Can't hit my admin page from Internet

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
RodTaylor
New here

Can't hit my admin page from Internet

Post by RodTaylor »

Hi fellow Qnappers,
I have a ver strange problem.

I have been using my TS-870 Pro QTS 4.1 for several months now without issue.
I upgraded my firewall from a Checkpoint UTM1 to a Checkpoint 620 and noticed a few days latter that whenever I try to access the admin desktop remotely via the internet I am redirected to a page I do not own.

I have been using MyQNAPCloud account since day one to remotely access.
When I log on as per usual via the internet, I am redirected to www.segateshare.com
I do not have a Seagate device on my network, so I am baffled.

I changed back to my old firewall, and the problem still remains.
Could this be some type of DNS issue with MyQnapCloud?

Thanks for your thoughts.
schumaku
Guru

Re: Can't hit my admin page from Internet

Post by schumaku »

Hello Rod,

Sounds much more like the myQNAPcloud.com DDNS was not updated correctly, or not at all.

When you check your CP620 public IP address assigned by the ISP (I assume) and compare to what [yourname].myqnapcloud.com does resolve to - both have the same IPv4 address?

You can also check https://www.myqnapcloud.com/ for the device details like WAN IP and last update date.

Regards,
-Kurt.
Last edited by schumaku on Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RodTaylor
New here

Post by RodTaylor »

schumaku wrote:Hello Rod,

Sounds much more like the myQNAPcloud.com DDNS was not updated correctly, or not at all.

When you check your CP620 public IP address assigned by the ISP (I assume) and compare to what [yourname].myqnapcloud.com does resolve to - both have the same IPv4 address?

Regards,
-Kurt.
Thanks Kurt.
It seems that is at least part of the issue.
My public facing IP is 184.54.44.254/22
My Qnapcloud account resolves to 184.64.48.131

Is there a way to force update MyQnapCloud?

As well, I am now receiving a DNS pop up in Qnap Control Panel>Network>TCP/IP. The error states "the system has detected that your DNS server cannot resolve hosts, and some applications might not work".
The CP620 picks up the ISP DNS fine. But when I go to Control Panel>Network>TCP/IP, the DNS Server "Obtain DNS server address automatically" is greyed out and it only allows manual entry. I copied the DNS from the CP620, but still get the error.
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

RodTaylor wrote:
schumaku wrote:Hello Rod,

Regards,
-Kurt.
Thanks Kurt.
It seems that is at least part of the issue.
My public facing IP is XXX.XX.XX.XXX/22
My Qnapcloud account resolves to XXX.XX.XX.XXX

Is there a way to force update MyQnapCloud?

As well, I am now receiving a DNS pop up in Qnap Control Panel>Network>TCP/IP. The error states "the system has detected that your DNS server cannot resolve hosts, and some applications might not work".
The CP620 picks up the ISP DNS fine. But when I go to Control Panel>Network>TCP/IP, the DNS Server "Obtain DNS server address automatically" is greyed out and it only allows manual entry. I copied the DNS from the CP620, but still get the error.
Posting your public Time Warner Cable/Road Runner IP address to a Public Forum is not a good idea. This is an invitation for Hackers to attack your Ohio-based IP address. I would strongly urge you to edit your quoted message to remove this information, or at least XXX out the middle two numbers.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

RodTaylor wrote:As well, I am now receiving a DNS pop up in Qnap Control Panel>Network>TCP/IP. The error states "the system has detected that your DNS server cannot resolve hosts, and some applications might not work".
This would explain why the myQNAPcloud.com configuration can't be updated.
RodTaylor wrote:The CP620 picks up the ISP DNS fine. But when I go to Control Panel>Network>TCP/IP, the DNS Server "Obtain DNS server address automatically" is greyed out and it only allows manual entry. I copied the DNS from the CP620, but still get the error.
Run this on the NAS:

[~] # ifconfig

[~] # getcfg Network "Default GW Device"

[~] # cat /etc/resolv.conf

[~] # ping [your-CP620-LAN-IP]

Code: Select all

nslookup http://www.google.com

Does the NAS use a static configuration, or DHCP, for the network interface(s)?

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”