Port-forwarding UPNP not working

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
scross28
New here

Port-forwarding UPNP not working

Post by scross28 »

Hello,

I just purchased a TS-469L and I've been banging my head against the wall.

When I first set it up things worked fine for about five minutes. I had myqnapcloud setup and could access the admin pages externally, it was recognizing UPNP on my router (linksys WRT-350n) and it was getting an IP address and DNS from the routers DHCP. Shortly after setting all this up I went home from the studio to try and finish setting up accounts and apps and now I can't access it externally any more. I have to remote desktop to a machine at the studio and access it using it's internal IP. The NAS doesn't find UPNP on my router anymore and can't find myqnapcloud.com. I've tried manually forwarding ports to the NAS with no luck. I tried setting the IP and DNS manually using Google DNS, no luck. I'm also getting DNS errors now. I have tried manually installing the firmware from ssh with no change in behaviour. The firmware installs with no error but I'm still getting DNS errors and any port forwarding I setup on my router to the NAS doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Steve
scross28
New here

Re: Port-forwarding UPNP not working

Post by scross28 »

Ok. Update. I took the NAS home and finished configuring it how I want it. Then I took it back to the studio and port-forwarding UPNP appears to be working again. Still have a problem however. The QTS desktop isn't coming up when I access it remotely. I can ssh in but when I attempt to access the QTS desktop all I get is a white page. No error this time just a white page. Not sure what is going on. Any ideas?
scross28
New here

Re: Port-forwarding UPNP not working

Post by scross28 »

Found the solution. The router had 5050 forwarded to 8080 instead of 8080 to 8080. Once I fixed that everything began working properly. No clue what caused this. Just relieved to finally having a full functional NAS.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”