Conflict between local WDTV Device and QNAP NAS TS-212P

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
ansj64
Know my way around

Conflict between local WDTV Device and QNAP NAS TS-212P

Post by ansj64 »

Hi

I would just like to report a conflict that must be resolved.

I have a WDTV Live Streaming Media Player. I used to have an QNAP TS-209 which does not have cloud service so I did not have to turn on the uPnP Port Forwarding service. This means I have no problem with the circling arrow and/or progress bar timer resetting to 00:00 and losing any control over the video in terms of pausing, stopping, playing, forward or backward functions. I never had to power cycle just to play one video each time.

When I changed my NAS to QNAP -TS-212P, I started having all these problems mentioned above. After scouring through the forums, the solution that worked is turning off uPnP Port forwarding service. BUt this disables the cloud function of the NAS. myQNAP cloud service will not work!

Th e funny thing is, also have a WD Cloud Service and am sure it has uPnP port forwarding on also BUT it doesn't cause any issues with the WDTV Live Media player.

In short, it's QNAP that needs to fix this issue.
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Re: Conflict between local WDTV Device and QNAP NAS TS-212P

Post by doktornotor »

You want QNAP to fix what? WD device with misimplemented UPnP acting up on packets it should ignore in the first place? Good luck :roll:
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
ansj64
Know my way around

Post by ansj64 »

Well, hey, lots of folks around here have complained about this particular issue, which is how I found out what needs to be done to fix it. The fact remains, it is only when I uPnP port forwarding was enabled in the VPN management application used for myQNAPcloud that this problem was caused. Does WD need to check their end? YES. and I said as much in their forum. But it seems to me WD devices are not the only ones having this issue. So, it's implementation also on QNAP's end that's an issue.

Now if you don't like the fact that I am sharing this fix for other folks and asking QNAP to look into this matter, then just don't bother. I am trying to be a good neighbor and telling people what I did to fix it.
ansj64
Know my way around

Post by ansj64 »

Well, hey, lots of folks around here have complained about this particular issue, which is how I found out what needs to be done to fix it. The fact remains, it is only when I uPnP port forwarding was enabled in the VPN management application used for myQNAPcloud that this problem was caused. Does WD need to check their end? YES. and I said as much in their forum. But it seems to me WD devices are not the only ones having this issue. So, it's implementation also on QNAP's end that's an issue.

Now if you don't like the fact that I am sharing this fix for other folks and asking QNAP to look into this matter, then just don't bother. I am trying to be a good neighbor and telling people what I did to fix it.
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Post by doktornotor »

ansj64 wrote:it is only when I uPnP port forwarding was enabled in the VPN management application used for myQNAPcloud that this problem was caused.
Totally irrelevant. The WD crap is NOT supposed to crash upon receiving random IP packets.
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”