Can't acces Qnapcloud

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
melodycd
Starting out

Can't acces Qnapcloud

Post by melodycd »

screenshot.jpg
After insetring 2 routers in to my home network (one for recieving internet(TP-Link) from my ISP second old one for distributing internet(Lynksys)) i can't acces to my QnapCloud.
UPnP is on on both of the routers. DHCP is on on both. NAS is connected to second (older working Linksys E2500). When i go into myqnapcloud.com to check added devices i can see real internal IP of the router, but there is no acces to it.
Here is screenshot of NSlookup and router info in qnapcloud.com I have attached the screenshot. Please tell me what to check. I have no idea about how ports should work if i have 2 routers.
screenshot.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Re: Can't acces Qnapcloud

Post by doktornotor »

You should NOT have two routers on your network. You most certainly should turn off DHCP on the second router, avoid using its WAN port and in general only let it act as a dumb switch.
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
melodycd
Starting out

Post by melodycd »

If i switch off DHCP on the second router(Linksys), UPNP settings should apply from the first one?

Off-topic: I was using Linksys E2500 only before, but after chaging ISP it was not able to handle all 100Mbits from ISP, so i took a cheap TP-Link that can handle ISP'S L2TP at 100Mbits, but its wifi module is crap, disconnecting every 1-2 hours. So i left TP-Link like a "cable modem" and using Cisco to distribute all internet to LAN and Wi-Fi devices.
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Post by doktornotor »

I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
melodycd
Starting out

Post by melodycd »

It was my fault as usual. You was right. Just pluged my second router as a simple switch (without DHCP) and all works fine!
Thank you very much!
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

doktornotor wrote:You should NOT have two routers on your network. You most certainly should turn off DHCP on the second router, avoid using its WAN port and in general only let it act as a dumb switch.
I have 5 Routers on my network. (Of course 4 of them are configured as WAP's). :lol:

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”