how to add "Public" folder to "QSYNC" folder

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
SlayerBill
First post

how to add "Public" folder to "QSYNC" folder

Post by SlayerBill »

Hello all,

I've searched around the forum (yes, using advanced search) and community and google but cannot find an answer to my question:
Is there a way to include the "Public" folder (or even a custom folder) for Qsync? Basically need the contents of "Public" accessible from their "Qsync" link in windows explorer.
We have 200+GB of data stored under "Public" but the boss wants this to be included in Qsync so that version control and other syncing abilities are available for this folder and all our users. If there is no elegant solution, can I move the contents of "Public" to some other folder on the QNAP where it syncs and handles version control and is available for all users?

BACKGROUND: We are moving our office shared files from box.com down to our QNAP (TS-469u with 4.1.0 firmware) because we have mobile devices, laptops and desktop machines that need to access and collaborate on all the files under "Public". I was hoping that the qsync utility would do this, but it only syncs from the virtual "homes" folder for each user which is a deal breaker.

Thanks in advance,

David H.
Tucson, AZ.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”