Issue with DDNS wan IP qnapcloud

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
John08
New here

Issue with DDNS wan IP qnapcloud

Post by John08 »

Hi,

I've been using myqnapcloud since the beginning and it always worked perfectly..(Before that I was using dyndns.org) Now, I can't connect to my NAS using my xxxxx.myqnapcloud.com from outside.

The issue's myqnapcloud can't resolve my external IP address... The WAN IP address is resolved as my internal IP address.. I can access my nas if I type my external IP but it's not a static IP...

The only thing done recently it's the upgrade to 4.1 2 weeks ago.

Thank you,

John.
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Re: Issue with DDNS wan IP qnapcloud

Post by doktornotor »

With no information provided about your network/WAN/ISP setup, you can as well try a crystal ball.
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
John08
New here

Post by John08 »

doktornotor wrote:With no information provided about your network/WAN/ISP setup, you can as well try a crystal ball.

I don't think that information about my network will help.. it's a basic setup QNAP connected to my router for internet with a port forwarding from outside to inside...

I can access my qnap with no problem from anywhere inside and outside the only problem is that the DDNS myqnapcloud can't update my external IP.. from outside I need to type like I said my external IP to connect to my NAS.

It has always work before and my setup is good. I've another Qnap on myqnapcloud account and it's working perfectly.. I can see internal and external address from my account..

but for this one the WAN IP shows as my internal IP?!

the only difference between 2 QNAP is that the one with the problem has firmware 4.1 and the other 4.0.7..
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Post by doktornotor »

John08 wrote: I don't think that information about my network will help..
Good luck. Outta here. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”