Virtualisation Station 3 stuck "loading ..."

Gordon_Keenan
New here

Re: Virtualisation Station 3 stuck "loading ..."

Post by Gordon_Keenan »

I and many others have a very weird issue, and our VS3 has developed a fault that tech support have looked at, and then backed off and by just saying wait for a newer version to be released. It would be nice if we had some sort of idea what might be the problem.

VS3 WAS WORKING FINE, but clearly after an update it has screwed something up.

Now.. I could go down the route of wiping and restoring the NAS, but that's a fair bit of work to do for something that should be fixable?
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

This seems to be a different issue from the original issue of this thread. To help others potentially find/resolve the issue can you open a new thread and include your QNAP model, QTS version & Build #, VS version.

A few basic questions as well:
1) I am assuming you have tried uninstalling/reinstalling VS3?
2) How is your network setup?
3) Have you tried running a file system check on your storage volume just to make sure we aren't dealing with anything at a QNAP storage level.

If I had to hazard a guess, it would be that your QVS database is damaged. This folder doesn't appear to get deleted when you uninstall VS from some quick testing I just did.

I would do try the following:

1) Uninstall VS
2) Run the following command via SSH (you may need to adjust the path depending on your model/install)

Code: Select all

rm -R /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/.QKVM
This will basically nuke the QVS database/config information.

3) Reinstall VS3 which will recreate a new DB shell since we deleted the old one.
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
Gordon_Keenan
New here

Post by Gordon_Keenan »

Trexx - You are a lifesaver! I uninstalled the APP, did an SSH into the NAS and removed the data as instructed, re-installed the APP and download and installed an Ubuntu ISO image and it now appears and works perfectly!

I have created a new thread with your solution, but I am amazed that QNAP has been so utterly useless in sorting this matter out!

Many many thanks once again!
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

Not a problem. Glad you are back up and running.
Paul

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BorgCzar
First post

Post by BorgCzar »

Has anyone ever figured out what is causing this and how to fix it? It just started happening to me. It keeps getting ** on loading and will not continue. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it but it did not help.

The above mentioned ssh solution did not work for me.
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

BorgCzar wrote:Has anyone ever figured out what is causing this and how to fix it? It just started happening to me. It keeps getting ** on loading and will not continue. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it but it did not help.

The above mentioned ssh solution did not work for me.
I would suggest opening a QNAP Helpdesk ticket. There can be many different causes for this depending on model, QTS version, VS version, configuration, browser, url, etc.
Paul

Snakeylos
First post

Post by Snakeylos »

I've had this issue since I bought the Ts 251+ on Sunday and just managed to the past the loading stage

I wasn't logging into the NAS with SSL, once I logged in using https, I accepted the certificate and clicked on the Virtualization Station icon it worked

Hope this helps
Paul2000
First post

Post by Paul2000 »

I had a similar problem when using NGINX as proxy.

Virtualization Station 3 is using web sockets. Hence, web sockets need to handled by the proxy too. The configuration snippet below solved my problem

location / {
        proxy_pass http://localhost:8888;

proxy_http_version      1.1;
        proxy_set_header        Upgrade $http_upgrade;
        proxy_set_header        Connection "Upgrade";

proxy_set_header        Host $http_host;

proxy_set_header        X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
        proxy_set_header        X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
        proxy_set_header        X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
    }
Projektion
First post

Post by Projektion »

had the same problem. solution was to check and reconfigure ports in QNAP AND in Router. especially if you do a route on port 80! set every port to default and try again, and perhaps try exposed host in router for Qnap.
SFX Group
Getting the hang of things

Post by SFX Group »

Paul2000 wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:58 am I had a similar problem when using NGINX as proxy.

Virtualization Station 3 is using web sockets. Hence, web sockets need to handled by the proxy too. The configuration snippet below solved my problem
I concur with the above, we have the QNAP behind an Apache Proxy which services the DNS name with the SSL certificate (like https://nas.domain.com), we had the "Loading..." when using the above domain name, however using the IP address locally it worked ok.

We had to add a websockets rewrite to the Apache HTTP Virtual Host, for us we used the below (which we use for another Intel based reverse Proxy that also uses web sockets).

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Upgrade} websocket [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Connection} upgrade [NC]
RewriteRule .* "ws://192.168.99.99:8080%{REQUEST_URI}" [P]
Many Thanks
mattiasclaesson
New here

Post by mattiasclaesson »

For me the browsers get confused by the certificate that the wordpress thingy that I publish on port 80/443.

Anyway I managed to solve the issue temporary by going directly to the virtualization station port https://<nas ip hostname>:8089

/Mattias
tusi79
New here

Post by tusi79 »

Comment by Trexx » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:22 am saved my day too on TS-453D with QTS 5.0.0.1891 and my upgrade to VS 3.6.10.
Thank you!
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

tusi79 wrote:Comment by Trexx » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:22 am saved my day too on TS-453D with QTS 5.0.0.1891 and my upgrade to VS 3.6.10.
Thank you!
Glad it helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paul

Miller001
New here

Post by Miller001 »

This thread was created back in 2016 and still, in 2022, there seems to be issues with this.

I have the same issue on my Qnap TS-251. Version 5.0.0.1891 and the latest VS3 installed.

Simply cannot get the app to start up. Had to do a hard reset on my Qnap a week ago since I had issues with being stuck at the sign-in page. That issue was I was stuck on the "Signing In" instead.. :lol: .
I can add that I found out later that I could have cleared my cache in the browser, but frustration leaves you not thinking too straight after the 50th issue you've had with a product.

Can successfully install VS3 but it just says "Loading". It also only shows the "Overview" tab in the pane to the left.

I Tried the solution suggested by Trexx - but I don't know if I have done it the right way. I connected to the Qnap using SSH and ran the command. Didn't get a response after running it though.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Have also contacted Qnap support.
eugeneville
First post

Post by eugeneville »

Unfortunately I am also in the same boat.

I have tried the solution by Trexx and am confident I have done it correctly - (post reinstalling the VS3 I can see that the ".QKVM" has been recreated - "2022-01-19 11:44 .QKVM/")
But unfortunately this has not helped.

I tried accessing the VS3 directly by going to the 8089 port, but even then it's the same: stuck at loading and pressing most other options leads to a white screen.
P.S. It appears I can access other setting i.e. ports (:8089/#/preference/port) but that is of little help as I still can't create a new VM (selecting a .ova file and clicking next just returns me back to the main loading screen where it is stuck).

Any input, help, things to try would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Return to “Virtualization Station”