Cannot "Assign to QVM" VirtualStation OS on local monitor

recohen
First post

Cannot "Assign to QVM" VirtualStation OS on local monitor

Post by recohen »

The "Assign to QVM" button is not allowed--a circle with a cross through it appears and I cannot select it. I have hybrid station running but cannot assign the virtual OS to it. The virtual OS is working fine otherwise.
Trexx
Ask me anything

Re: Cannot "Assign to QVM" VirtualStation OS on local monitor

Post by Trexx »

Have you installed the VS Guest Tools & Drivers into your VM? QVM is based on Spice, and the spice drivers are not available by default in all VM OS's.
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
lukeweb1
Starting out

Re: Cannot "Assign to QVM" VirtualStation OS on local monitor

Post by lukeweb1 »

Trexx wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:33 pm Have you installed the VS Guest Tools & Drivers into your VM? QVM is based on Spice, and the spice drivers are not available by default in all VM OS's.
Thanks for sharing this solution @Trexx. Weird that a lot of the official documentation / promotional materials from QNAP don't mention this but I can confirm this works for my TVS-873 running QTS 4.3.5 & Virtualisation Station 3. Also I switched the video type to QXL which you suggested on a different post in relation to this.
Cheers, Luke

**Hardware:** QNAP TVS-873, w/ 2 x 8TB Seagate Archive HDD's & 4 x 8TB WD RED HDD's (managing over 30TB of video).
**QPKG's:** Transmission, SABnzbd, Jackett, Radarr, Sonarr, Plex, Git, Optware, Qmono & Python.

Return to “Virtualization Station”