Cannot setup Virtualization Station

jeffski10
Starting out

Cannot setup Virtualization Station

Post by jeffski10 »

Installed the app and then when I follow the set up wizard I get this message :

"code": "46", "data": "", "desc": "interface not in the Source vSwitch"

Any ideas what to do next? I checked the virtual switch setup and I have the network connection on my NIC and that is all that shows. Should something else be there?

Cheers
ambrus.kontra
New here

Re: Cannot setup Virtualization Station

Post by ambrus.kontra »

I have the same problem, but it seems that no one is out there to help us. It was my last NAS firmware upgrade, because it was not the first firmware upgrade when I lose data. Have to re-build Plex, re-build Transmission, re-build virtual station, that is not even want to work, etc... It is a shame how thigs are going at QNAP.
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

jeffski10 wrote:Installed the app and then when I follow the set up wizard I get this message :

"code": "46", "data": "", "desc": "interface not in the Source vSwitch"

Any ideas what to do next? I checked the virtual switch setup and I have the network connection on my NIC and that is all that shows. Should something else be there?

Cheers
Have you opened a helpdesk ticket with QNAP? What versions of QTS (including build) and VS are you running?

The message seems to indicate that there is an issue the binding of your QNAP NIC(s) to the vSwitch used by VS.

Please post an image of your NW/vSwitch config screen.
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

ambrus.kontra wrote:I have the same problem, but it seems that no one is out there to help us. It was my last NAS firmware upgrade, because it was not the first firmware upgrade when I lose data. Have to re-build Plex, re-build Transmission, re-build virtual station, that is not even want to work, etc... It is a shame how thigs are going at QNAP.
Have you opened a Helpdesk ticket with QNAP? With new MAJOR FW updates, that is always the first recommendation to get the issue fixed if it is a bug in the release versus something unique to your installation/system. Also remember this is a COMMUNITY support forum, so while there is great knowledge here, not every issues especially for a major update, is going to be experienced by everyone.

Similar to the prior message, please provide DETAILED information about your configuration (QTS version & Build, VS version/build, screenshots, etc.).
Paul

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ambrus.kontra
New here

Post by ambrus.kontra »

Trexx wrote:
ambrus.kontra wrote:I have the same problem, but it seems that no one is out there to help us. It was my last NAS firmware upgrade, because it was not the first firmware upgrade when I lose data. Have to re-build Plex, re-build Transmission, re-build virtual station, that is not even want to work, etc... It is a shame how thigs are going at QNAP.
Have you opened a Helpdesk ticket with QNAP? With new MAJOR FW updates, that is always the first recommendation to get the issue fixed if it is a bug in the release versus something unique to your installation/system. Also remember this is a COMMUNITY support forum, so while there is great knowledge here, not every issues especially for a major update, is going to be experienced by everyone.

Similar to the prior message, please provide DETAILED information about your configuration (QTS version & Build, VS version/build, screenshots, etc.).
Hi Trexxx! Thank you so much for trying to help me.
I have installed QTS 4.3.? today, what was offered as new firmware. I ended up having no Transmission, plex not working (again), Virtual Station with strecthed video in browser and not working DOS apps with WinXP (they were working yesterday), I got really disappointed, opened a HelpDesk ticket, started backing up data just in case. After several hours without replay from HD, decided to downgrade to QTS 4.2.5.
Deleted VS 3.? Installed VS 2.2.5633.
N&VS looks like this:
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ambrus.kontra
New here

Post by ambrus.kontra »

Whatever I do, restart, uninstall, reinstall with combinations I always end up here after trying to set up at Welcome to QNAP Virtualization Station...
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ambrus.kontra
New here

Post by ambrus.kontra »

Ok, I figured it out, now Virtual Station is working. I share it to have maybe for others some help with it:
I had to delete every virtual switch, then the error message went away, I was able to create my previous virtual machines based on the disk_img-s...
Now continue with Plex... several hours "**", and messing with the QTS, I had enough, I will not upgrade anymore, I really fed up with the way QNAP arranges these major firmware upgrades.
Thanks again for Trying to help me Trexxx!
jeffski10
Starting out

Post by jeffski10 »

I got mine working after upgrading to 4.3.3 and then reinstalling the app. All seems OK now.
jensmunk
New here

Post by jensmunk »

I am going through the same mess and like you, I am really fed up with how QNAP executes these major firmware upgrades. I had to delete basically all apps in order to get HD Station to properly upgrade.

Now, I am messing with Virtualization Station. I have deleted the virtual switches, but that didn't solve my problem.

The virtual adapters still appear. I get a Virtualization Station 3.0.2223 installation failed. ./QKVM.tar.7z file error.

Is it possible to delete the virtual adapters using SSH and which files to delete. I suspect that the "file error" is caused by some dependencies not solved during firmware update

Any help is appreciated
TVS-882-450W, 16 GB RAM, AMD RX-460 GPU
6xWD3TB, 2x256 MB SSD (cache), 2x256 MB SSD (system disks)
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

ambrus.kontra wrote:Ok, I figured it out, now Virtual Station is working. I share it to have maybe for others some help with it:
I had to delete every virtual switch, then the error message went away, I was able to create my previous virtual machines based on the disk_img-s...
Now continue with Plex... several hours "**", and messing with the QTS, I had enough, I will not upgrade anymore, I really fed up with the way QNAP arranges these major firmware upgrades.
Thanks again for Trying to help me Trexxx!
See Plex FAQ #20 & 21 (I think those are the #'s) in my SIG. I had no problems with plex upgrading. Some people MAY have issues with plex detecting properly what their local NW is, but that is an easy fix.
Paul

Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

jensmunk wrote:I am going through the same mess and like you, I am really fed up with how QNAP executes these major firmware upgrades. I had to delete basically all apps in order to get HD Station to properly upgrade.

Now, I am messing with Virtualization Station. I have deleted the virtual switches, but that didn't solve my problem.

The virtual adapters still appear. I get a Virtualization Station 3.0.2223 installation failed. ./QKVM.tar.7z file error.

Is it possible to delete the virtual adapters using SSH and which files to delete. I suspect that the "file error" is caused by some dependencies not solved during firmware update

Any help is appreciated
That looks like you had a bad download/install of VS based on the error. I would uninstall/reinstall VS. I would try the following:

1) Uninstall VS
2) Remove all Virtual Switches, and disable any port trunking/etc.
3) reboot
4) reinstall VS and launch
5) after verifying VS works, then enable port trunking (if applicable).
Paul

storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

Hit us too, they are absolute cowboys when it comes to software development, not a clue how to release things in an orderly manner.
Sack the software manager.
mc0618232
First post

Post by mc0618232 »

I got the same issue as you. I coulnt do anything until I use the old version 3.0.2223 !
NOW . it's working again.
I believe the new ver. got some issues w/ virtualization switchs.
here is the download of version 3.0.2223

http://download.qnap.com/QPKG/QVS_3.0.2 ... x86_64.zip

Just remove the new one and intstall this ver. manually

you will be fine
FreekBos
New here

Post by FreekBos »

Well, I've done the same and wish I would have read this article before.
Reboot, reboot, deïnstalled QVS 4.3.3, reboot, nothing, reboot, nothing, deïnstall, reboot, reboot, delete all vswitch, reboot, install 3.0.2223, reboot, reboot, nothing, deinstall, reboot, reboot
What a farce.... Qnap
pilaQ
Starting out

Post by pilaQ »

Tried upgrading to 4.3.3 because my NAS 253a ocassionally turns itself down and I was hoping microcode for proc could fix that. Prior to that I checked with QNAP and I was told I can upgrade ONLY the OS and nothing else. I asked specifically about VS since I need it for work. It turned out I had to update VM too!

Virsh does not work any more, after making it work, it does not use names any more, new Web GUI VM interface would not work with my Firefox, things were very slow, so I decided to revert back to 4.2.2.

Well, poput said it is not advisible! Not what QNAP said before when I asked. OK, reverted back, reinstalled old VM - above error. Now I have fo fight with it to make things work again.

Great job from QNAP. Just make changes, it does not matter if they work, leave no downgrade path for the user, just make them remember never to buy QNAP again.

I like how, when I contact helpdesk, they alwas insist on the latest firmware. When I ask whyn should I upgrade if my problem is not listed on the what-is-fixed list, it does not matter.

Return to “Virtualization Station”