VM no network after NAS sleep

Langa87
New here

VM no network after NAS sleep

Post by Langa87 »

Hi,

Lately, I started to play around with Virtualization Station again and did setup a VM. It is running Debian 9.
After the NAS was asleep, the network is gone. (NAS is scheduled to sleep each night). To get the network connection back, I need to suspend/resume the VM.
Using VNC, I can do 'ip a' which prints a valid configuration for the network adapter. But I can't ping anything, neither local network nor public internet.

I got a TS-251 running 4.3.5.0722. Virtualization Station is 3.1.729 (2018-09-10). I have one physical port connected to the network (fixed IP), hooked up to a Virtual Switch. The VM is also hooked up to the same Virtual Switch.

How could I solve that problem?
makar1
New here

Re: VM no network after NAS sleep

Post by makar1 »

hello
same issue on the same qnap device model. If anyone found the solution please share with us.
makar1
New here

Post by makar1 »

Support informed they reproduced this issue in lab and they are working to fix it. we have to wait for new firmware update
Barthoz
First post

Post by Barthoz »

How did you manage to suspend your VM on sleep automatically? My VM shutdowns everytime my NAS goes to sleep and it's stopped when I check after Wake-On-LAN.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

* topic locked to prevent further necroposting *

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Virtualization Station”