Pi-Hole with docker pihole/pihole

NapPasQue
New here

Pi-Hole with docker pihole/pihole

Post by NapPasQue »

Good morning all,

I would have liked to install Pi-hole on my HS251 + NAS which is with the latest version of QTS 4.5.1

I use the official pihole / pihole docker for that;

But the problem is that if I am in "fixed IP" I am in error "DNS resolution is currently unavailable"; and in the environment settings of the docker I tried to specify DNS1 and DNS2, but it's the same

And if I am in "NAT" mode pi-hole works well, but suddenly I am on the IP range of the virtual interfaces 10.0.3.1 and therefore not accessible from my network. (and this even if I created a Vituel Switch with IP of the physical card and by activating NAT), and this even if I specify a local IP to "ServerIP" in the environment settings of the docker.

And if I put myself in "host" I am in error with the port 53 already used "failed to create listening socket for port 53: Address already in use" and I do not know how to change the port numbers in "host" mode (it's a shame since there is a pi-hole with a local address.

Could someone help me set up this network?

There are some who say there is Bitwarden as an alternative, but I haven't found it on either QNAP Store or QPKG Store.

And I find it unfortunate not to start Pi-Hole just for a network configuration problem; the only tutorials I found say that you have to be in fixed IP and for them it works, why am I in a DNS resolution error?

Sorry for the automatic translation.
Qmann
Easy as a breeze

Re: Pi-Hole with docker pihole/pihole

Post by Qmann »

Seems like if your nas supports container station you could just use docker and assign a port switch on the fly. I haven't used pi hole so not familiar with it, but rather use pfsense instead. But it should be possible in docker.

BTW, Bitwarden is a password manager like lastpass, unless there is something else that also shares that same name.

Q
Model: TVS-872XT 64GB (Crucial 64GB Kit CT2K32G4SFD8266)
2 x 1TB XPG 1TB NVMe (ASX8200PNP-1TT-C) [RAID-1]
5 x 16TB EXOS [RAID-5]
Borg Backup running to an offisite pi, AND to the local TS-569L
Model: TS-569L Borg server for backups
6 x 8TB Ironwolf [RAID-5]
Qotom-Q355G4 Fanless Mini Micro PC running pSense in front of everything
haproxy for anything inside the LAN
NapPasQue
New here

Re: Pi-Hole with docker pihole/pihole

Post by NapPasQue »

Ok, thanks for the reply, I was unsuccessful with the docker nearby pihole / pihole.
But I managed to manually install pihole in an Ubuntu LXC docker, so now it works.
But I will look for "pfsense"
Thanks again.

Return to “Virtualization Station”