Remove virtualization station 4 maximum usb devices per vm

Iwan Tolboom
New here

Remove virtualization station 4 maximum usb devices per vm

Post by Iwan Tolboom »

Hello, I have the TS-877 with an Geforce gtx 1070 ti, which I want to connect to my Oculus rift.
This requires 7 usb devices namely 3 Oculus positioning towers, 1 Oculus headset, the mouse, the keyboard and a separate soundcard as the sound from the videocard has a bad (interrupt) hum through the hdmi port.
In a similar config I managed to play Half-Life 2 and finish it without any stuttering. Now I want to play Half-Life Alyx.

When I connect these devices to the 8 available usb-ports I am not allowed to connect more than 4 of the displayed devices to my windows VM.
I really don't see the reason for this 4-usb-devices-restriction as Virtualization Station is based on open source VM software QEMU as is explained here: viewtopic.php?t=92575
Somewhere under the hood (the console) I found the startup command, that is generated by the Virtualization Station config dialog, that starts my Windows 10 VM.
Sadly I did not manage to change it to allow using all 7 usb ports.\
Using USB/IP is not much of an option as it causes lag as mentioned by the Original Poster.

Has someone succeeded in getting this or a similar configuration on QNAP working?
Or has someone manage to remove this 4-usb-devices-restriction?
OneCD
Guru

Re: Remove virtualization station 4 maximum usb devices per vm

Post by OneCD »

* topic split from viewtopic.php?f=24&t=145557 *

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Iwan Tolboom
New here

Post by Iwan Tolboom »

Hi OneCD,

I understand your decision to move my post to a separate topic. Hopefully I will get some responds here.

To add to my post: does anyone know the reason for this 4 usb devices restriction?
Would the amount of available usb devices increase in Virtualization Station if I added a QNAP pcie usb card?
newegg
Starting out

Post by newegg »

Hi there,

Please refer to the following post and you can use the USB controller pass-through to do it.
viewtopic.php?f=318&t=100191#p730888

Return to “Virtualization Station”